• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Breaks (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

No. But at Maccas you don't get any paid breaks it's so gay

HSC
for every 5 hours u need to have a 30min break. it depend on ur employer if they pay u or not, but they dont have to.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
where you work deathlessone, they don't pay you for one. i once asked to just go home half an hour early instead of break and they said no. thing with breaks is that it's industrial relations rule so if you get sick from working too long, employers won't be responsible. but if you refuse one on your own right, they can't be responsible either. some of them are just rigid, you see. smart thing to do is to just take one, everyone else does it no questions asked. don't be the one to clash with them, won't do you any good. i once forgot to clock off for a break and nobody realised.

HSC
its gay working at my restuarant.
i work 8 hours straight with no breaks. and only get an hour break if i work a double shift, which by then my legs are already dead

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
ive never heard of a casual getting a paid break, the pub i work at, we have to sign off for 30mins then sign back on

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
my boss asks me to go on breaks when its quite, because Im not doing anything and it means he doesn't have to pay me to walk around in cirlces

fell for it once .... NEVER AGAIN!!!! i have late lunches now

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think they can force you... mine do, it's so annoying. As if I need a 15 min paid break and half an hour unpaid break in a 6/7/8 hour shift... what kind of weakling do they think I am!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Be happy that they force you to take it. It gives you a break and its better than being forced to work it (and not get paid for it).

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i get paid for 45 of my 1 hour break but its cut up into 15, 30, 15 minutes and all we do is put on our pay sheet 15 minutes earlier than we actually work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)