• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Brief notes from a lecture by Peter skryznecki (1 Viewer)

Stressed MEGZ

HSC
Hi guys

Just attended a lecture today with Skryznecki and he was the best person to talk and listen to about his poems. Anyway, he said that many of the excel study guides have some mistakes, however everyone's interpetations of his poems are different. He was fantastic to listen to though and If you get the opportunity to listen to him, just go!

Here are some brief notes and quotes from Mr Skryznecki himself.:)

- he did not resent his father nor was he envious of him
I quote "I loved my father"

- his mother worked for a doctor in Strathfield and was impresed by the uniforms of his sons and wanted that future for Peter.

- uniforms are a symbol of identity and conformity, give you a status and symbolise the fact that you belong to that place.

- formal tone at beginning of st pats

- humour created at school motto 'brand of soap"

- school motto means let your light shine.

key to the poem ' in the folk museum is that the museum acts as a reminder of your own mortality" i.e. that he doesn't have the knowledge of these things, therefore he wants to leave and escape but in reality he can;t escape, he can;t escape his polish heritage and his lack of knowledge of the historical instruments in Aust.

he quotes "hey you might not feel that you belong but you can't leave" when rewording the direct speech of old the lady "can you please sign the visitors book?'

:headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)