• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bsc(finance) (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi everyone,

if we do Bsc and major in maths and finance, then r we taught the same thing as students doing Bcom and majoring in finance.

sunny

meh.
HSC
You will undoubtly be doing some common subjects. To compare different programs in such detail you can compare the program structure in the Virtual Handbook or the from the publications website, which would provide more detail.

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
clever angel said:
hi everyone,

if we do Bsc and major in maths and finance, then r we taught the same thing as students doing Bcom and majoring in finance.
For sure! You can view a plan on the math website or maybe here: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2006/MATHF13986.html

It's a really good plan I reckon, I just finished first year in math and finance in adv sci. The only difference between adv sci and the combined degree commerce/science also majoring in math and finance is that in the combined degree you don't have to do general education and the special science subjects that is only restricted to advance science students. That might be a good thing or bad thing depending on your preference. Also the adv sci degree gives you an honours award at the depending on your result, while the combined degree doesn't. Both degrees are the same length, 4 years.

The adv sci program basically feels like a finance degree which lets you do math and get an honours recognition at the end. The first year is pretty much just commerce, except that you replace the commerce math, QMA/B with math offered by school of mathematics.

clever angel

HSC
So if i do the combined sci/law degree, majoring in maths/finance, can i then work in finance department in companies, firms

Raginsheep

HSC
Umm....cause it takes too much hard work for two degrees that apparently aren't that mutually benificial.

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
Exactly what Raginsheep said, and even if it weren't the workload, why would you combine the two courses when they are so different? One does not complement the other.

wanton-wonton

HSC
clever angel said:
hi everyone,

Did you really get 99.65? Your posts all seem pretty stupid to me (I'm not talking about this one). :rolleyes:

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
clever angel said:
So if i do the combined sci/law degree, majoring in maths/finance, can i then work in finance department in companies, firms
Can't do that, adv sci can only be taken as a single degree I think. The math/finance major is only available to adv sci and the combined degree of science/commerce.

If you really like finance, and wants to try law, then go for a law/com degree, 5 years. Or you might as well go for accounting and law, easier to find jobs in the financial industry with accounting.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Did you really get 99.65? Your posts all seem pretty stupid to me (I'm not talking about this one). :rolleyes:
winston did u see the thread where she was advertising for tution and said she came 3rd in the state last yr. what a load of crap

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
sikeveo said:
winston did u see the thread where she was advertising for tution and said she came 3rd in the state last yr. what a load of crap
Yeah, why the hell would a person with a UAI of 99.65 considering just doing BSc on its own???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)