• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BSc/ LLB at USyd (1 Viewer)

megaboo

HSC
Hi guys, newb here.
Anyway I really like science and am very good at it, and I also enjoy verbal logics, debates and teamwork, so I've decided I'd probably do BSc/ LLB next year.
How useful do you guys think a BSc/ LLB is? What is the demand for BSc/ LLB graduates like compared with, say, BA/ LLB or BCom/ LLB graduates? Keep in mind I'm especially interested in Biomedical or Medical Sciences, so I'll probably major in one of those for the BSc component.
Also, what's the BSc/ LLB at USyd like in comparison with other reputable univerisities that offer BSc/ LLB?

Sorry for the tonne of questions.

Thanks!!:)

Megaboo

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
I was considering the same course. Any law degree is useful, but as to whether sci/law degree more useful than a com/law, I don't know. I suggest you search for 1000words posts. He did sci/law and his posts are pretty informative. Again, I don't know too much about demand, but IP is a growing area, so I imagine that it will increase. USyd's a pretty reputed university.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Lawyers generally have good self-researching skills.

lala2

Banned
HSC
What about as a legal consultant with scientific companies? They can be prone to sue-age (is there a noun for this kind of thing?), and will definitely need to keep abreast of the law and legal developments. Your science degree will also mean you actually have an inkling of what the product or service or whatever is, even if your scientific knowledge isn't directly applied

Monstar

HSC
Whats even better is, when you become a high flying lawyer you get a complementary cocaine addiction!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
They can be prone to sue-age (is there a noun for this kind of thing?)
For future reference, 'litigation'.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
What about as a legal consultant with scientific companies?
you're referring to an in-house counsel. most big companies have them. very big companies usually have a small legal department.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)