bus report question (1 Viewer)

popsmokeswife

HSC
Hey guys, so for my modified business report assignment for Business studies. we are given 3 questions:

Question1: Outline THREE management skills that an effective manager possesses.
For this question I did Communication Skills, Adaptability to change, and reconciling interests of stakehoilders

Question 2: Explain how TWO businesses have incorporated quality management strategies within the operations production process.

Now this is the question I am a bit confused on and might need some clarification because my business studies teacher has covid and our sub is not rly helpful :(

So when they say "Quality Management strategies within the operations production process" what do you guys think this means? By the way im currently in year 11 preliminary business studies so this assignment is on topic 2 business management

Then Question 3 im fine with it I just need some clarification on 2 really.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Quality management can be defined as the strategy that a business uses to ensure that its products meet customer expectations. In the Preliminary course, you learn about quality management in terms of three elements (which will be revisited in the HSC course as part of the Operations topic), being:
  • quality control - reduces problems and defects in the product by having inspections at various points in the production process.
  • quality assurance - implementing a system so that a business can achieve set standards in production, which prevents issues or defects before they occur.
  • quality improvement:
    • total quality management (TQM) - the commitment that stresses continuous improvement in the various aspects of a business's operations through shared responsibility among all members of the business.
    • continuous improvement - a process that emphasises constant evaluation and improvement in the way in which things are done relevant to the operations process. Here, higher standards are set as part of working towards maximising improvement.
The operations production process merely refers to the overall operations process, that is, the one where a business converts inputs (such as raw materials) to outputs (usually finished products that are ready to be sold to customers).

With this understanding of the key concepts mentioned in this question, you should now be able to cover these strategies and discuss the way in which two businesses were able to effectively incorporate them, ultimately allowing you to establish coherent links between your main points and the question.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)