Business and Commerce Help (1 Viewer)

Rickbrah

HSC
Im planning to do the business and commerce marketing course. But one of the units in the autumn semester require me to pass a basic mathematics skills test.

What would happen if i fail this test and therefore cant complete the required unit for the autumn semester?

kagura

HSC
You will have three choices:

A. Enroll into the Mathematics Toolbox unit, which you'll need to pass in order to take up Statistics or Introduction to Economic Methods in the subsequent semester.

B. Pick another unit, re-do the basic maths test in the Spring semester.

C. Bribe the unit coordinator! ;)

Sam990

HSC
i dont think you can re-do the maths test i double checked with my course adviser

Rickbrah

HSC
B. Pick another unit, re-do the basic maths test in the Spring semester.
So i don't have to follow the key program that is in the Business and Commerce book?

The book says in semester one (Autumn) i have to do these units
< Business Academic Skills
< Statistics for Business OR Intro to Economic Methods (Both require maths test)
< Marketing Principles
< Principles Of Economics

do i have to follow that program?

kagura

HSC
It's not compulsory to directly follow the recommended sequence of study outlined on the UWS site and handbook. It's there so students can get a general idea on which units to pick and how the system works. Provided that you have satisfied the prerequisites of a unit, you're free to enroll into it at any stage of your degree.

So for example, you can choose to delay statistics until next semester or even next year. Just enroll into one of your other first year units that doesn't have a specific requirement (i.e. you cannot enroll into Financial Accounting Applications without successfully completing Accounting Information for Managers).

Hope that helps! ;)

Rickbrah

HSC
It's not compulsory to directly follow the recommended sequence of study outlined on the UWS site and handbook. It's there so students can get a general idea on which units to pick and how the system works. Provided that you have satisfied the prerequisites of a unit, you're free to enroll into it at any stage of your degree.

So for example, you can choose to delay statistics until next semester or even next year. Just enroll into one of your other first year units that doesn't have a specific requirement (i.e. you cannot enroll into Financial Accounting Applications without successfully completing Accounting Information for Managers).

Hope that helps! ;)
great answer, thanks heaps :)

aussie2008

HSC
wat about the textbooks for the BBC first year students. theres no information regarding that.

Rabbitoh

HSC

Hope that helps! ;)
Thanks for that post mate. Cleared things up for me! Especially after a chick on the UWS Helpline said you can't enrol in Spring Units for Autumn. Lol, I just did!

My last unit for Autumn is Principles of Economics, for which rego starts tomorrow afternoon. I'm just wondering how difficult the mathematics components of the unit are, as I did General Maths and have not done a bridging course.

Valupatitta

HSC
why bother trying to pass? it wont help. i mean come on. ure in uws.lmao

Last edited:

kagura

HSC
Thanks for that post mate. Cleared things up for me! Especially after a chick on the UWS Helpline said you can't enrol in Spring Units for Autumn. Lol, I just did!

My last unit for Autumn is Principles of Economics, for which rego starts tomorrow afternoon. I'm just wondering how difficult the mathematics components of the unit are, as I did General Maths and have not done a bridging course.
Lol, the maths in economics are relatively simple, with a few basic algebraic equations here and there and tons of graphs relating to the concepts of demand and supply. So yep, you will be fine as long as you take your time to grasp the concepts!

Recalling from the final exam I did two semesters ago, there wasn't a lot of calculation-based questions, and most of them were in the multiple choice section. ;)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
So i don't have to follow the key program that is in the Business and Commerce book?

The book says in semester one (Autumn) i have to do these units
< Business Academic Skills
< Statistics for Business OR Intro to Economic Methods (Both require maths test)
< Marketing Principles
< Principles Of Economics

do i have to follow that program?
Change Stats or Eco to Accounting Information for Managers and you'll be able to avoid the test :)

jeffreyf

HSC
why bother trying to pass? it wont help. i mean come on. ure in uws.lmao
... because if you go super good at uni and have some background experience it doesn't matter where you go...

infact education isn't the only when getting a job...

beefnoodle

HSC
Im planning to do the business and commerce marketing course. But one of the units in the autumn semester require me to pass a basic mathematics skills test.

What would happen if i fail this test and therefore cant complete the required unit for the autumn semester?
You can ask someone else to do it for you.

I know heaps of people that cheated. The online Intro Law test was supposed to be individual but you can see people gather in groups in the library and did it collectively. I did mine individually ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)