Business Info Tech. anyone!??!!? (1 Viewer)

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
hi hi,
yep, i'm doing BIT co-op, but I'm only in first year...so i can't really say much at all. Sorry!

but I can tell you, as the name suggests, it is a mix of Business and Computing/IT.

The subjects you do....MATH, COMP, INFS, ACCT
MATH is maths....not much to say
COMP is basically computing....programming etc (my sort of thing)
INFS is sort of in the middle of COMP/ACCT. Sort of like IT/technology in business. Quite interesting, but alot of reading
ACCT is well, accounting. Statement of Financial Reports etc. basically the business side of things.

From my undrestanding, in 2nd year, most subjects will be INFS. with some electives from other subjects. I'm not 100% sure about the details as it is still some time before I have to choose subjects for 2nd year so yeah....

maybe there are other BIT students here that can help you out.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I am not BIT, but I know people that are and hear about their opinion of it.

From a computing point of view, BIT/INFS is considered "soft" computing. You do very little practical work in comparison, and material taught is not technically oriented, but rather business oriented. For example, taking networking as a topic, in INFS you will learn what networks to use for what companies and what they are used for, but you will never learn how the network itself ever gets constructed or how it works.

But I agree, BIT would be a across between COMP and ACCT or COMP and INFS, with more weight towards the latter of the two.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Well at least that sums up my frustation on the amount of workload spent on SENG1A and SENG1B, being told something is due, where nobody in our group knows how to make that particular something, hence the amount of research on the net.

Not to mention the lecturer's intended ambiguousness.. :)

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
zoodboog said:
liar liar pants on fire
lols...now that i am actually studying, i must agree with you..it is boring as!!! *argh* stil yet to read all the chapters for tomorow's exam!

~=::Chii::=~

HSC
well, imho, i think BIT has the widest of all the comp degrees in terms of career opportunities, and its semi interesting ( i hate accounting, but the rest aint too bad).
if being TOO technical isnt ur style stryder, but u wan to have computing/IT in ur career, then BIT is ur course i guess...however, the business oriented parts is starting to bore me atm....

ps...i m also in BIT first year like pyko....

grimreaper

HSC
underthesun said:
Well at least that sums up my frustation on the amount of workload spent on SENG1A and SENG1B, being told something is due, where nobody in our group knows how to make that particular something, hence the amount of research on the net.

Not to mention the lecturer's intended ambiguousness.. :)
im doing seng workshop 1 now (they merged 1a\1b)... I know exactly what youre talking about :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)