Business Reports?? (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey,

When looking at business reports I noticed in a criteria of the Catholic trial 2003, that in order to get full marks you need diagrams and tables in the report.. It didn't say that in the question but for the HSC do we need to make these things up ??

Also when you set out your report, do you combine executive summary and introduction? because in our class we've done that and it's been accepted?

Thanx

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
executive summary is a business term for introduciton..hence ex summary = intro..

and i always try to put at least 4 diagrams/tables/graphs in my report....its easi to do if they give u the states...eg: for those questions of *wrtie a biz report for company Y that is losing profitability, market share blah blah* and they usualli give u a table of statz for 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc.....

and what i do is that....when i am talking abt marketing i say somehting lyk *company Y has being losign money ever since 1999( see diagram 2)* and below that i would have a diagram (line graph, column, pie chart, bar graph or waterever sorta graph) basicalli u ca make up info as well as use the data provided...

chris42

HSC
Ok cool, Thats a good idea, I've just never been told to do that, so thats good I found out, thanks :)

Nupil

HSC
N/A
This has caused a bit of debate - the executive summary ... how long would you say yours usually average out to? Mine are at most 10 lines - and it's always words and gives you a direction of where the whole report intends to take you rather then what it'll say in the essay ... does that make sense? i.e. "This reports aims to justify through the use of various marketing strategies ... " (Leaving it all very general) versus "The marketing strategies that Company X can use <List them in dot point - not depth> and this will ..." (more specific aspects are retained)

However in a lecture that my friend attended she was told that the latter was the way to do an exec summary ... and I've never done it like that.

What way do you all do yours?

And diagrams are really useful to incorporate - usually in the form of flow charts. For example - if you want to depict a grievance procedure ... you have to explain it in words, but always include a diagram on the side. And another way Chris, of finding good useful diagrams is to go through your textbook - they usually have diagrams already in them that you can alter to fit into your reports. And always use colours!! Highlighters rock!! My business trial looked like an art canvas - it's so much more interesting then pages and pages of black or blue.

Meh. Cheerio.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeha with exect summary...dont be descriptive at all..just rmember all da key words/pts ur incldung in ur report..and basicalli list that in ur sentences... i have got big writing and i write abt 1/2 a page for ex summary

and yeah diagrams/flowcharts are the bomb...u can usualli save time by doing one..instead of writing them in full sentences... same goes for bullet pts..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)