• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

business stimulus test (1 Viewer)

wolf7

HSC
i got this sighted question that is dued in like a couple of weeks, and i was just wondering if you guys can help me and give me some info to use for this test.

the question is

in your report: identify a source of change and its impact on this business (dont worry about the business, it just the info); explain why stakeholders are resisiting this change; recommend strategies for managing this change effectively and critically analyse the social responsibilities of the management group.

if it is possible to help, plz do, like you just have to give me a sketch of what to look for, and i find the rest

wolf7

HSC
managing change (my case study)

this is the piece of writing i got,, if you have spare tiime, can you find the section that are important in my report question, it would be grateful it u had the time to help me

Fred smith is a factory floor manager for custom office furniture LTD, a firm tat assembles office frniture. the majority of the components are manufactured using some of the laest technology. these components are then assmbled to form a range of office chairs, adjestable desks and standard desks. to allow for customisation, different components can be included in different products so that custoemrs can order the 'excutive' high back swivel chair with or without a movable footrest, lumber support and headrest. this cusomisation process has been a critical part of the firm's succes in the market.

New technolgy has been developed by the firm's parent company in the united states. the new technology will complete much of the assembly process and the system can be programmed to allow teh firm to continue producing cutomised porducts. the new system will lower variable costs in teh long term, and diwll also allow an increase of almost 50% in terms of ouput. the firm has estimated that it will still need aproximately 80% of its present workforce. so while amnu fo teh jobs will change, executive management sees no need to make any employees redundant. instead the decision has been taken to allow a natural attrition process to reduce the workforece to the requried number over a two year period

The greatest challenge for the firm is to introduce the technolgy and train part of the workforce that used to assemble the office furniture to oversee the running of the machinery. however, almost without exception, the employees do not want to learn a new set of skills. the management group has tried to entivce the workerss to be part of the team that will eversee the operations of the new machinery but, even with additional pay, not a single person has volunteered. futhermore, there is some talk of resisting the new technolgy if management will not guarentee that all of hte assembly workers will be able to keep their old jobs. thee amangement group is very proud of its recod on employent conditions and most employees stay with teh firm for many years. this has been the first signicant disagreement between management and factory floor employyes. the management group is not quite sure how to proceed, as it beleivesd its relatioship with staff is a significant advanatage. howver, teh new technolghy could provide the firm with even more significant benefits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)