BUSINESS STUDIES (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
idek my school is being a rat and not telling us our ranks
Could you not calculate weighted internal assessment averages for the top students and determine ranks that way? Thats what my school did for certain subjects prior to ranks being officially announced.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Could you not calculate weighted internal assessment averages for the top students and determine ranks that way? Thats what my school did for certain subjects prior to ranks being officially announced.
the thing is idk anyones marks except my friend shes ranked first and her internal is 99, mine is 97 but business is so competitive and idk anyone elses

HSC
N/A
the thing is idk anyones marks except my friend shes ranked first and her internal is 99, mine is 97 but business is so competitive and idk anyone elses
Damn 99 internals is solid. Thats true about the competitiveness of business, its competitive across every school I know of.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 9.52.12 pm.png
im sorry but why is NESA even accepting D as an answer for Q20?!?!

D is blatantly wrong and infact it decreases the current ratio since receivables are already a current asset, so when you offer a discount for early payment, you decrease current assets.

nesa then uses the excuse that "this question is not suitable for exam preparation", but even still, why would they accept D and not another option?

its not a big problem, but it just means the states marks will be slightly higher, and thus scaling will be down slightly.

like if you were to consider 50% of the state putting D, and they all get 1 mark higher, now the average mark will be 0.5 higher for business.

HSC
N/A
View attachment 41722
im sorry but why is NESA even accepting D as an answer for Q20?!?!

D is blatantly wrong and infact it decreases the current ratio since receivables are already a current asset, so when you offer a discount for early payment, you decrease current assets.

nesa then uses the excuse that "this question is not suitable for exam preparation", but even still, why would they accept D and not another option?

its not a big problem, but it just means the states marks will be slightly higher, and thus scaling will be down slightly.

like if you were to consider 50% of the state putting D, and they all get 1 mark higher, now the average mark will be 0.5 higher for business.
Theres no fucking way. That is absolute bullshit. D is blatantly wrong without a shadow of a doubt

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
View attachment 41724
This is a HSC teachers perspective on that answer
this is an interesting perspective, however it only works for extremely high current ratios. The current ratio for this business is 1.36:1, and therefore this method would very marginally improve the current ratio, in fact, it would probably still decrease the current ratio depending on how big the discount for early payment was.
since the question asks for the most effective way, it is clearly A

its annoying cause 99% of people who chose D wouldn't have thought of that anyway

HSC
N/A
this is an interesting perspective, however it only works for extremely high current ratios. The current ratio for this business is 1.36:1, and therefore this method would very marginally improve the current ratio, in fact, it would probably still decrease the current ratio depending on how big the discount for early payment was.
since the question asks for the most effective way, it is clearly A

its annoying cause 99% of people who chose D wouldn't have thought of that anyway
That's exactly right. It's just giving marks to students who certainly didn't get D by that method. Even so, A is a more obviously correct answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)