• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Business studies (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Oh ok. Well its the subject im doing best in.

Ours is going to have 20mc, short answers, a report and an extended response

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I hope mine is easy. I got 30/30 for my business report. Which was worth 30% exam worth 40%. I am ranked 10/48ish. STUPID SPEECH...argh

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Loz metalhead said:
I hope mine is easy. I got 30/30 for my business report. Which was worth 30% exam worth 40%. I am ranked 10/48ish. STUPID SPEECH...argh
Deadset?

Business report as in business plan, cos thats what we had to do. Havent got it back but would be happy to get over 20 / 30. I came like 27th / 37 in the half yearly rankings so I've got no hesitation to drop it.

klaw

HSC
wow only 37 ppl do business at your school? I thought lots of ppl did business

HSC
Dont be so confident Klaw

I was talking to a certain teacher today and he said the marking was terrible

klaw

HSC
terrible marking by teachers does not change the difficulty of the paper

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'm dropping because even making the top 5 would not be sufficient enough to override a physics or economics mark which I feel will we good for me.

Business;

-Scales shit
-Boring as shit
-Assignments are HUGE pieces of shit
-My teachers shit

klaw

HSC
hmm... how could you be good at economics but bad at business? I find them very similar

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'm shit at assignemnts man. Or I just couldnt be fucked about business. Economics ain't too close to Business. Business reminds me of Year 9 commerce. Business is umiportant, theres other subjects to concentrate on.

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
OK Business Studies doesnt scale that bad, Getting a Band 6 in business is pretty simple (just memorize text book ) :p. Anyway getting band 6 in it is as good as getting band 5 in higher scaled subjects like eco and physics. :D

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i hear business does scale down... (for watever reasons unknown) but it doesn't scale that badly.. i found economic hard, esp. when i cant realli read the 300-pages textbook and memorise it. xD

Bookie

Banned
HSC
My only problem is that a majority of the Business internal assessments are bigarse assignments, as opposed to eco at my school, which is just research essays for assessments. My assignment time management is bad, and I dont reckon I could fuck up either Eco or Physics bad enough to get a mark worse than what I would get for business, hence I am dropping it.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
i hear business does scale down... (for watever reasons unknown) but it doesn't scale that badly.. i found economic hard, esp. when i cant realli read the 300-pages textbook and memorise it. xD

1. Don't ever pick a subject for its scaling. Pick a subject because you like it/are good at it/want to do it.

2. If you're memorising the textbook, that may be the start of your problems.

I_F

Always

HSC
Business Studies does have big, research assignments but that's not a problem because they're not too difficult. I did my last one the night before (30% weighting) and ended up with 90%. Proves how easy they mark it. :rolleyes:

Doing well in Business Studies is more of an interest thing, as with every other subject, really. If you don't like it, don't do it. Simple. :)

silent_girl

HSC
easy

I find business really easy aswell however only 5 ppl do it at my school its not really popular but i love it.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
business studies doesn't have big, research assignment IMO. heck u make up wat u write for your major works. seriously i dont find business hard at all and trust me ITS NOT, but thats only if u like it, if u dunt then well u find it hard i guess . and about scaling? yes it has very bad scaling, prob cause everyone does good in it i fink?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)