CA Achiever work exp (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
Last year for me they took a while, like 1-2 weeks after I submitted my application (the day it was due on I mean)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
turtleface said:
Last year for me they took a while, like 1-2 weeks after I submitted my application (the day it was due on I mean)
and did they say yes or no after all that time?

turtleface

HSC
yes they said yes

For me they called me during a lunchtime and when I got home I found an email in my inbox too for interviews

(but this was last yr in melbourne)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
turtleface said:
yes they said yes

For me they called me during a lunchtime and when I got home I found an email in my inbox too for interviews

(but this was last yr in melbourne)
what were your grades, out of curiosity? (sorry, but it's hard to find someone who knows anything about this)

turtleface

HSC
for my application i had 85 86 87 94(for acc1A) that was my better semester. But that was cause our uni's 1st yr is easy. 2nd year, I nearly failed last semester.

but grades don't mean everything. They sort of rank your applications and the guy ranked ahead of me got like high 70s for his accounting subject.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
turtleface said:
for my application i had 85 86 87 94(for acc1A) that was my better semester. But that was cause our uni's 1st yr is easy. 2nd year, I nearly failed last semester.

but grades don't mean everything. They sort of rank your applications and the guy ranked ahead of me got like high 70s for his accounting subject.
Those are insane marks, no matter what semester. :eek:

synthesized

HSC
N/A
^^ i concur.

These are the marks i applied with. i'm not too hopeful about my chances:

Business Data Analysis I - 62 P
Int Fin Inst & Mkts I - 69 C
Intro to Financial Maths I - 57 P
Principles of Microeconomics I - 50 P
(note no accounting)

But i did spend a huge amount of time on the essay questions, plus some of the answers i gave were i think pretty convincing. i mentioned i already had three white collar work experience placements plus a continuing casual job. i doubt it will be enough though :(

turtleface

HSC
Nah I did Accounting in VCE so I was basically repeating a subject.

You can still get a placement I think, if your enthusiasm showed through on the application you're right in it. Of the four people I know who got a placement with me last year their marks for accounting 1A were:
I don't know what their other marks were but I think as long as you get some credits you're eligible.

Also if you're a double degree stud in your first year and going to do Acc1A next year 1st semester, then you can apply next year.

Last edited:

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
It feels like like more low marked people are getting in than the smarter people... why the f*** study then LOL.. its not fair :p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AppleXY said:
It feels like like more low marked people are getting in than the smarter people... why the f*** study then LOL.. its not fair :p
It is often that these low ranked people look outside the textbook and develop life skills. I know thats a bit of a generalisation, but I think it holds weight from the personal experiences I've had.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
ohh i c... coz I scared coz I study so much LMAO... s**t , although I do hav sum "life skills" hahaha... (talkin to friends that is lol)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AppleXY said:
ohh i c... coz I scared coz I study so much LMAO... s**t , although I do hav sum "life skills" hahaha... (talkin to friends that is lol)
Things like part-time jobs (any job) will help you gain skills for when you communicate with others, especially with people who are different to your friends. Also, even things like managing working and studying at uni is a positive aspect of your education which you can rely on during job interviews/etc.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
Well, oddly enough, with a grade average of 57 Pass they asked me to come in for the group interview :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)