• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CA Vacation Evening (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
its only worth going to, if you are sec. year majoring in accounting, doing well in grades and planning to do work exp. if ur not the above, they simply boot u out :)

celcast

HSC
Yeah i wanted to vacation work experience and im in my second year. My grades arent spectacular but there not to bad.

Do you know what exactly they do their? Do you meet employeers or do they just show you places to apply to.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
u meet employers, they discuss wats vacation work and i heard u fill out a preference sheet (doesnt mean u get the vacation work tho) for expression of interest in the program, thats bout it, i fink??

santaslayer

HSC
Yes, that's what I was told too. You shouldn't expect to be employed or discovered right on the spot though. Many people from the night will also be the ones recruiting so impression is most crucial. :)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
anyone reckon they would allow other students apart from second year majoring in accounting to go?

celcast

HSC
I dont think so. I think its only accounting students or anyone with an accounting major. You have to been your 2nd year or 2nd last year.

I understand you dont get hired on the spot but can you actually apply for positions there. Or do you just put your name down and they give you out info on how to apply.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
celcast said:
I dont think so. I think its only accounting students or anyone with an accounting major. You have to been your 2nd year or 2nd last year.

I understand you dont get hired on the spot but can you actually apply for positions there. Or do you just put your name down and they give you out info on how to apply.
u must still go thru the standard procedures like everyone else who doesnt attend the evening, its just to help you gather more ideas upon your decision.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
wut really??? but this ca dude told us we can apply in 1st year as well @@

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
xiao1985 said:
wut really??? but this ca dude told us we can apply in 1st year as well @@
I think its targeted for students going into their final year (ie, the summer between 2nd and 3rd year)

They came to our Accounting 2B lecture last week to tell all of us to go.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
I think its targeted for students going into their final year (ie, the summer between 2nd and 3rd year)

They came to our Accounting 2B lecture last week to tell all of us to go.
minai... help me fudge killer-answers my CAAchiever application... i want vacation work... :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
you gotta make it all believeable...but its kinda hard to say "my passion has always been for taxation consulting" !

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
some shit like

ever since the memorable corporate collapses of late I feel it has been my duty as a future business person to further understand the need for ethical conduct in corporate auditing. Also, as a future lawyer, I believe it behoves me to understand and appreciate the legal requirements of responsible business governance...

i wish to crap abt the paltry accting knowledge i know, like what is the purpose of accting, how it relates to me, what is the point of SACs, what types of legislation governs business conduct etc.

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, I have no idea about what to write either, and it doesn't help that I have no real idea about what an Accountant does:rolleyes:.

santaslayer

HSC
Frigid said:
some shit like

ever since the memorable corporate collapses of late I feel it has been my duty as a future business person to further understand the need for ethical conduct in corporate auditing. Also, as a future lawyer, I believe it behoves me to understand and appreciate the legal requirements of responsible business governance...

i wish to crap abt the paltry accting knowledge i know, like what is the purpose of accting, how it relates to me, what is the point of SACs, what types of legislation governs business conduct etc.
Well you could put that down I guess. I'll buy it. :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ frigid: >< never thought i'd do english again in uni... pffttt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)