CAD file help (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
Okay i have a bit of an issue... i do IT graphics and would eventually like to print my project on A3 paper. however, i do not have access to an A3 printer so i will try to get it printed professionally... here is the problem... most pro printers dont print CAD files and im using .dxf or .dwg so i would like to convert my CAD file into a .pdf as most pro printer print pdf. i tried using a program called 'Any DWG to PDF Converter' but when printing it with adobe pdf and selecting that no scaling is to be applied, once printed, the scale is incorrect. So this effectively means that the program rescales my work:mad1:.

Does anybody know of a good program that will not rescale when i convert it to .pdf or do you know of another way i may go about printing my work...

Thank you

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Okay i have a bit of an issue... i do IT graphics and would eventually like to print my project on A3 paper. however, i do not have access to an A3 printer so i will try to get it printed professionally... here is the problem... most pro printers dont print CAD files and im using .dxf or .dwg so i would like to convert my CAD file into a .pdf as most pro printer print pdf. i tried using a program called 'Any DWG to PDF Converter' but when printing it with adobe pdf and selecting that no scaling is to be applied, once printed, the scale is incorrect. So this effectively means that the program rescales my work:mad1:.

Does anybody know of a good program that will not rescale when i convert it to .pdf or do you know of another way i may go about printing my work...

Thank you
are you sure its just some settings that are set differently, if not Adobe's PDF writer should be the best.

micuzzo

HSC
are you sure its just some settings that are set differently, if not Adobe's PDF writer should be the best.
its not adobe that rescales, its the program i use to convert the .dxf file into a .pdf...:mad1:

I tired using another program called CAD converter... it seems to keep the scale(but not fully, only about 95%) but the .pdf quality isnt great and it leaves a large gap above the drawing when converted to pdf. although maybe this may be fixed via options but i gotta buy the software before i can use it properly....

How did u print urs?

Last edited:

me121

Premium Member
HSC
its not adobe that rescales, its the program i use to convert the .dxf file into a .pdf...:mad1:

I tired using another program called CAD converter... it seems to keep the scale(but not fully, only about 95%) but the .pdf quality isnt great and it leaves a large gap above the drawing when converted to pdf. although maybe this may be fixed via options but i gotta buy the software before i can use it properly....
I meant use the Adobe PDF writer to, from AutoCAD print to PDF. Its seems very strange that the PDF converter would scale it, how do you know this, did you measure it in a PDF reader? I would guess its the settings.

How did u print urs?
My school had an A3 printer so I printed straight from AutoCAD. You should try to convince your school to get one, I'm not sure how they can expect you to do your major work without one!

micuzzo

HSC
I meant use the Adobe PDF writer to, from AutoCAD print to PDF. Its seems very strange that the PDF converter would scale it, how do you know this, did you measure it in a PDF reader? I would guess its the settings.

My school had an A3 printer so I printed straight from AutoCAD. You should try to convince your school to get one, I'm not sure how they can expect you to do your major work without one!
I dont use autocad.... i use autosketch>> which uses autocad files.. i dont think my school has autocad....

its the PDF converter that scales because when i select print on Adobe PDF and choose that 'no sclaing is to be applied to document' ie non of that fit to page business the scale is incorrect...

I am unsure if my school has an A3 printer....but i do think we have one however not in the drawing lab so i doubt it can be accessed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)