Calculating your internal assessment mark (1 Viewer)

blond_e

HSC
I was wondering how you calculate your overall internal assessment mark that is averaged with your HSC exam mark?

I was told that you get the mark (eg 38/40) and then x it by the weighting of the assessment (eg 20) and do this for all your assessments and thats your overall Internal assessment mark

Can anyone verify this?

thanks.

araminta

HSC
I thiiink that that is correct. Also take into consideration your trials. For Eg. In modern in the trials the overall exam was worth 30% of our assessment mark, but within that, the world war two section was worth only 5% because our year had already done another ww2 assessment worth 15%, whereas our personalities section of the trial was worth 15% because we hadn't done an assessment on that yet etc. I think that that might also affect the result that you come up with. Good luck! Minty.

blond_e

HSC
I'm pretty sure the trials is accepted as one assessment and is weighted at 30 - 40%, it doesn't really matter about the sections assessed because the trial is meant to assess you in everything so it's a total separate assessment altogether.. I THINK.

blond_e

HSC
Alright thanks for verifying that.

It took a load off my shoulders because I didn't do as well as I would've liked in my trials but if that's how the internal assessment mark is worked out then I'm extremely happy with my mark because my assessments have brought my mark up. SCORE!

sinist4

HSC
hey wat happens if the person cominn second is onli 0.3% away from my mark ?
doe that mean we both get the top rank, as the difference is so small...?

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
The rank stays the same but his assessment mark will be moderated almost exactly (if not exactly) the same as yours since the ranking system is designed to preserve differences in rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)