• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Calling all Tradies (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Who here works in a trade, some of my mates do, so i have nothing against tradies, whats the work like cause i here about the jobs of sparkies but not much else

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
your friends should be able answer that if they do it........

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
BreaKing said:
your friends should be able answer that if they do it........
I would like to know about other trades apart from Electrician work, and there doesnt appear to be any forum of threads for tradies OR is BoS some elitest snobbery club that hates Tradies, Huh Broken

Last edited:

tattoodguy

korn what do you do?

my back ground is financial advising............but i do some...........labouring from time to time.

Renovation type of shit, adding rooms on and other bull shit like that.

To be honest its pretty hard, espeically if its outside stufff, with the sun etc, i wouldnt recommend it really.

but yeah....compared to office work its stresss freeee.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Korn said:
I would like to know about other trades apart from Electrician work, and there doesnt appear to be any forum of threads for tradies OR is BoS some elitest snobbery club that hates Tradies, Huh Broken
well bos actually stands for bored of studies.. which means it is aimed at people who are STUDYING
those who are studying as part of an apprenticeship or something like that usually go to tafe, and there is a tafe forum available. im not sure why people who are working full time after studying would want to come online and chat to a bunch of hsc or uni students.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
cro_angel said:
im not sure why people who are working full time after studying would want to come online and chat to a bunch of hsc or uni students.
At some stage those HSC and uni students enter the real world and might like answers to questions before they get there. Just like the uni students give advice to HSC students the employed can give tips to those on the journey to becoming employed :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
icebreaker: Touche
leftrightout: I'm thinking only people who are employed full time that come here are teachers (possibly media people but they dont post). I'm doing teaching now and I would rather ask my lecturers/tutors or the teacher in charge of the class I visit on Thursday mornings than any of you guys [no offence.. but things tend to lead to discussions and usually I would want an immediate answer]. Anyway, wouldn't you think that by the time one had finished their degree/diploma/certificate and graduated they would have some idea of what they were doing and whether they still wanted to be doing it? If they were unsure, usually they would change their path of study while still at Uni or Tafe (which goes back to it being for those who are studying).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)