Can anyone help? TPSs (1 Viewer)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
im just finishing up some work and i came across a question and wasnt really sure where the answer was? or what it had to do with the topic.
The topic is Transatcion Processing Systems and the question was
"virtual money is being created in the form of 'cash cards' for small change up to $100. how miight these affect small shopkeepers?"
Can anyone help me with this question? ~

Huy

HSC
N/A
* changes the nature of work: this effects the small shopkeeper and the way the small biz performs its operations.

* 'cash cards' automate jobs: tasks which have been performed by 'real' people are now being replaced by info tech and tps's. e.g. manual transaction isn't performed anymore since the introduction of such 'virtual money'

* it can make the organisation more efficient.
* shopkeepers will have to learn new skills, completing training courses etc

* fewer people will be required to perform the same jobs they once held.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
wow that was a quick reply
thanks huy
i think that should be enough for the answer
didnt think of it in that perspective

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Hmm, im thinkin that Huy is gonna kick ass in this subject. I thought i knew a lot but Huys a but like a walking, talking ipt machine. He/she just keeps spitting it all out.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Taz: he :)
Thanks for the kind words :)

...and IPT might not be included in my best 10 units
(ie If I have better-performing/scaling subjects ;))

That'll make your day.

Huy

HSC
N/A
4U Eng
2U Phy
2U Chem
2U Math

It's a juggling act between:

2U Math or 2U IPT
or
1U Studies of Religion + half of 2U Math
I also have 3U Math in there, but I'm hoping the English will perform better (Keyword: hoping :))

If not, then yes, IPT will be in it, but I'm not "obsessed/interested in IPT", I'm not losing interest as such, my heart isn't 100% in it :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
LOL I am an Excel Physics advocate! Most people I know seem to bag Excel, I think it's a great textbook (again, it is my view :))

I can't screw up my sciences, sorry :)
I screwed up Chemistry in the preliminary, if that is any consolation. (Band 4, wooo... :p )

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
...and IPT might not be included in my best 10 units
(ie If I have better-performing/scaling subjects )
Speaking of Scaling.The scaling for IPT sux. I was hoping itwould be at least average but the last 2 years the IPT scaling has been below average. Im not happy seen as its by far the subject that i will go the best in.

Im not like you Huy. I only have 10 units so all mine get included. I was doing Biology last year too but my teacher was so crap. Just about everyone in our class failed our yearly exam in Yr11 so i decided to drop it and concentrate on my other subjects.

another word, he is the walking textbook
Yeah thats true ... , it seems that i forgot about that quality. Oh well, at least i dont have to worry about him kickin my ass in many other subjects, Only english. I knew there was a reason why i did eco and legal instead of chem and physics. ;)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
scaling does suck to a certain extend
like IT for example which is a "low scaling" subject by other schools, but for my school it's scales really well because people who actually do IT at my school are good at it and as everyone gets good marks everyone gets scaled up but not as much as other subjects but it's a considerable boost

^___^
HSC
IPT scaling can be bad, but if u do well, and i mean well, the scaling is alright

i mean well means raw mark above 75

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tigerboi
i thought ipt is like english standard?
2002 Scaled means.
23.3 Information Processes and Technology
19.1 English (Standard)

They look alike to me :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)