• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

can he get a UAI above 90??? (1 Viewer)

*@fu55ybu66l33!

HSC
well i just want to do inquire for one of my friend. ok well me and my friends were talking about the UAI thing the other day (after we done our trial and got our marks back), and one of boy was really upset and worry, because appearently he didnt do really well in the trial (i'm not sure how he went with others, but i know that he fail his 2U maths, and he was second last or something, but i better admit that was a REALLY hard test...)

anywway he also told us that he didnt actually do well in other assessments or tests that we got throughout yr 12 (i think his rank in his class is in the middle or maybe lower), anyway he's now regreting of didnt put any effort in study, actually he said he never actually study for anything. But anyway he always has a big interest in engineering, and he want to go to USDY or UNSW, and he said he need around 90 or above to get in those 2 uni. i'm just wondering, in his case, even tho he did bad throughout yr 12 and his ranking is in the low position or maybe in the middle, but what if he got band 5 and 6s in the HSC exams, do you think he still be able to get a UAI of 90??? (i mean if he study really really hard from now on... do think he would still got the chance???)

adnan91

HSC
I dont know what to say, based on ur description its going to be very hard but if he does band 5's and 6's and he applys for engineering they might give him bonus points to add onto his uai plus he can speak to the dean of engineering and stuff or he could go to uws and then transfer. Good luck mate

doink

Clone
HSC
USYD/UNSW engineering not looking likely for this kid, if he is failing 2u maths trials though he prolly will not make it in any engineering course. UNSW has cut-offs around 85, could be pushing it with his marks, gets bonus points for b5/6 in physics and 3/4u though.

He could get into UTS though quite easily, needs to fill in a questionnaire though probably, if he has 3 of those subjects he could get in with 79

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Need some other information first;

1. His other subjects
2. Rank in his other subjects (approx should be fine)
3. Rank of school

as runnable (was it runnable? i'm not sure) said; "it's not over until you sit your last exam".

runnable

HSC
Rageeb said:
as runnable (was it runnable? i'm not sure) said; "it's not over until you sit your last exam".

I said that. ;)

HSC
*@fu55ybu66l33! said:
well i just want to do inquire for one of my friend. ok well me and my friends were talking about the UAI thing the other day (after we done our trial and got our marks back), and one of boy was really upset and worry, because appearently he didnt do really well in the trial (i'm not sure how he went with others, but i know that he fail his 2U maths, and he was second last or something, but i better admit that was a REALLY hard test...)

anywway he also told us that he didnt actually do well in other assessments or tests that we got throughout yr 12 (i think his rank in his class is in the middle or maybe lower), anyway he's now regreting of didnt put any effort in study, actually he said he never actually study for anything. But anyway he always has a big interest in engineering, and he want to go to USDY or UNSW, and he said he need around 90 or above to get in those 2 uni. i'm just wondering, in his case, even tho he did bad throughout yr 12 and his ranking is in the low position or maybe in the middle, but what if he got band 5 and 6s in the HSC exams, do you think he still be able to get a UAI of 90??? (i mean if he study really really hard from now on... do think he would still got the chance???)

lol YOU had better start working hard. the old "i know this guy" trick.

*@fu55ybu66l33!

HSC
Rageeb said:
Need some other information first;

1. His other subjects
2. Rank in his other subjects (approx should be fine)
3. Rank of school

uhm.. i think he's doing engineering (distance ed), IPT, physics, standard eng. and maths...

uhm i dont think he's doing really well in his subjects, his ranking in each class is (i think)
engineering 2/7
standard english 18/32
physics 4/13
IPT and maths i think these are his worst, i think he came second last or something in those...

but i better mention he used to be in the top 4 (in the 90s or top 80s) in every class in yr 11, the reason that he's doing so bad rite now i think bcoz of his laziness and he has be absent so many times (due to illness, personal/family problem etc) throughout yr 12, so i think he's got the ability to achieve higher than what he got rite now, but again UAI is about an overall performance, he said he didnt put much effort in in the class assessments n the trial, so i think that will affected him alot even tho say if he did scored band 5s n 6s in his HSC exams...

i thought my school is in the top 90s or 100s, but actually it's in the 200s :cold: uh oh we dropped down so badly in 2007 coz i remember our school was in the top 100 or 110 in 2006, but that was back in 2006! :p

*@fu55ybu66l33!

HSC
humglish said:
You don't need that. I know someone who got into UNSW with a uai in the 70s. it's not that hard.
:jaw::jaw::jaw:
70s to get in UNSW in a engineering course??? wow u sure??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)