Can i safely assume...? (1 Viewer)

cs01001

HSC
Hey,

I just visited the BOS page - http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/schoolcertificate/ahgcc_scope_specs_06.html

and.... read that in 2006's History & Geography SC, questions will be drawn from the following topics....

In the Australian History, Civics and Citizenship section of the test, questions will be drawn from the following sections of the syllabus:
  • Topic 5: Australia in the Vietnam War Era
  • Topic 6: Changing Rights and Freedoms
  • Topic 7: People Power and Politics in the Post-war Period
  • Topic 8: Australia’s Social and Cultural History in the Post-war Period
  • Historical Skills (syllabus, page 16) and the Working Historically sections of each of Topics 5, 6, 7, and 8.
In the Australian Geography, Civics and Citizenship section of the test, questions will be drawn from:
  • Focus Area 5A3: Issues in Australian Environments
  • Focus Area 5A4: Australia in Its Regional and Global Contexts
  • Geographical Tools and Skills (syllabus, pages 18–21).
So yea, can I safely assume that other topics for history such as WW1, WW2 and the like won't be in the actual SC test? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks! :p

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's definitely just from those four topics for history. You don't need stuff you did in Year 9.

vizman

HSC
yeh it'll definately be one of those, they can't pull a shifty on you :D

xlr8-crillz

HSC
can we plz get dates on when to when is tested. like i know it starts at 1945+. but then when does it end.

xlr8-crillz

HSC
Without Wings said:
Your best idea is to have a look at the syllabus and the topics that you will be tested on to see a more detailed description of what you can be tested on.

The history syllabus is here and topic 5 starts on page 38 :) Let me know if you need any more help with working out the syllabus etc.

EDIT
Soulsearcher: he was referring to the dates of the content that can be tested in the examination, as opposed to the dates of the actual SC exams I believe.
thanks. u ppl are real helpful

xlr8-crillz

HSC
just one more question, ppl have told me the history exam is basically from 1945-2006. but then after looking at the syllabus theres no way it can even reach 2000.

wat do u ppl think?

xlr8-crillz

HSC
Without Wings said:
If you look through the syllabus carefully you will see this point "the changing patterns of migration 1945–2000" which shows that it does at least reach 2000 :)
I appologise for my carelessness!

Dyne

HSC
Yep, Geography work is only from Year 9 too thank god :)

And some other ways it can go to 2006. . . include if you study Paul Keating and Republicanism or a recent Prime Minister for that part :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)