• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can i self learn year 12 eco? (1 Viewer)

xisti

HSC
hi guys so like my teachers way of teaching really just doesnt click with me so like do you guys think its possible to essentially learn the content myself and just go to him for consolidation and to mark exams??

i really dont want to drop it but im not sure what else to do

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
hi guys so like my teachers way of teaching really just doesnt click with me so like do you guys think its possible to essentially learn the content myself and just go to him for consolidation and to mark exams??

i really dont want to drop it but im not sure what else to do
easily

Aeonium

zero sugar, zero ice
HSC
N/A

qweeosh

HSC
As a non-eco student who did some reading for fun, yes, eco is one of those subjects that isn't heavily reliant on a teacher to effectively learn it. also my dad can attest to it (phd in the field)

hubin

HSC
Yes, you absolutely can “self-learn” it. But it does help to get tips from people who’ve done well, have a read of their responses etc. Personally, I was fortunate to have a really proactive teacher and extremely determined friends. Share essay plans, discuss ideas.

You could get a few lessons, or approach private tutors for essay feedback - i asked top eco students from the grade above. Worked well for me! Happy to assist when the time comes if needed.

HSC
Honestly from someone with a teacher who doesn't teach effectively despite him having a lot of knowledge (past HSC marker), it's possible to self-learn all you really need are essays + notes but you NEED to make sure you keep up to date with them bc I made the mistake of not staying consistent. Apparently a lot of teachers don't teach econ well so there are others in the same boat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)