Can I still achieve a Band 6/E4? (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster said:
Hi guys, I’m sitting my HSC for maths in a couple of days but am not confident in my internal marks and ranks.

For 2U I am currently averaging 75-80% for internals and am ranked 16/88. For the trial exam my mark was ranked 9/88

For 3U I am currently averaging 70% for internals and am ranked 28/46. For the trial exam my mark was ranked 29/46
- I know the chances of me getting E4 is quite low for 3U but I was wondering if somehow it was still achievable?

But I am desperately hoping for a Band 6 in 2U, so please let me know what are my chances of achieving that. Thanks :)
While you are currently ranked 16th in Mathematics Advanced, being ranked 9th in terms of your trial exam performance is likely a good indicator as it indicates that you are capable of performing at a high standard in your Mathematics Advanced HSC exam, especially when considering that the purpose of a trial exam is to reflect the structure/format of an HSC exam, giving students an idea of what their HSC exams could be like. Of course, it is crucial to thoroughly prepare for this exam, which will maximise your chances of achieving an HSC mark in the band 6 range. The good thing is there is still quite a bit of time for you to supplement your preparations before the exam.

Your position in Mathematics Extension 1 appears slightly less favourable, which could indicate a lower chance of achieving an HSC mark in the band E4 range. However, since the HSC exam contributes 50% towards the HSC mark in a subject (in this case, Mathematics Extension 1), your current position is certainly not decisive and you could definitely try to reach that target by performing at a higher standard in your Mathematics Extension 1 HSC exam. This will also require you to do your utmost in terms of your preparations (same as with Mathematics Advanced) and you have even more time to maximise your preparations for this exam.

I hope this helps! 😄

Last edited:

aim for 95+

HSC
jimmysmith560,帖子:7439620,成员:1611337881 said:
虽然您目前在高级数学中排名第 16,但在试考成绩方面排名第 9 可能是一个很好的指标,因为这表明您有能力在高级数学 HSC 考试中表现出色,尤其是考虑到试考的目的是反映 HSC 考试的结构/格式,让学生了解他们的 HSC 考试可能是什么样的。当然,为这次考试做好充分准备是至关重要的,这将最大限度地提高您获得 HSC 6 级成绩的机会。好在考试前还有相当多的时间来补充你的准备工作。

您在数学扩展 1 中的位置似乎不太有利,这可能表明在 E4 范围内获得 HSC 分数的机会较低。但是,由于 HSC 考试对某一科目的 HSC 分数贡献了 50%(在本例中为数学扩展 1),因此您当前的位置肯定不是决定性的,您绝对可以通过在您的考试中达到更高的标准来达到该目标数学扩展 1 HSC 考试。这也将要求您在准备方面尽最大努力(与高级数学相同),并且您有更多的时间来最大限度地为这次考试做准备。

我希望这有帮助!😄
[/引用]
先生,我可以请教一些建议吗,我可以在大多数试卷中获得 75+,除了排名前 20 的学校,我是否有机会在 4u 数学中获得 E4,我在两个 4u 中都排名第一和3u在学校,但学校20年来从未有过4u和3u的E4(我感到很焦虑)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Sir, can i ask for some advice, i can get 75+ in most papers, except for the top 20 schools, is there any chance for me to get E4 in 4u maths, i am 1st in both 4u and 3u At school, but school has never had an E4 with 4u and 3u in 20 years (I feel so anxious)
It is a good thing that you are ranked first in both Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2. You should not worry too much about the performance of past cohorts as in no way do they reflect your own abilities or affect your performance. Being ranked first means that you will receive the highest Assessment Mark (the mark that reflects your internal performance and contributes 50% of your HSC mark) in both subjects. In the event that you achieve the highest Examination Marks (HSC exam marks) in both subjects, those will become your HSC marks.

Based on this, your aim should be to thoroughly prepare for your Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 HSC exams. With your Mathematics Extension 2 exam being on Thursday, hopefully you prepared to the best of your abilities. You still have additional time to supplement your preparations for your Mathematics Extension 1 HSC exam next Monday so you should also use that time to your advantage.

Given your position, there are no limits to your own performance. You are the only person who can influence your standard of performance. It would be reasonable to expect that the Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 HSC exams will be challenging, although likely not to the extent of the top 20 schools.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)