• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can I still Do well??? (1 Viewer)

angle_princess

HSC
Hey guys,
I am having a mental breaking down!! I'm in the middle of my trials and have no future at the moment :( I have basically screwed up my whole year and am regretting it... seriously i really have no hope!!
If i fail most of the trial exams would i still be able to do well?? I really need motivation and feel bad that my marks aren't a big enough motivation for me already...
I have no idea what to do!!!! Please help me... i want an atar of high 80's...would i still be able to get this????

angle_princess

HSC
Ok....here it goes!
Physics- 37/45
Chemistry 25/30
Biology 20/40
Advance Mathematics 22/45
Mathematics Extention 1 12/15
Advance English 40/50

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The school rank would be needed too but unless you are at a top 50 school, it seems unlikely to get high 80s.

enoilgam

HSC
At the moment, you are probably looking at an ATAR in the 70's. With a really really good performance on the externals you could maybe push it into the high 80's, but its a stretch. Dont worry too much though, there are many avenues which you can pursue after the HSC to get into your chosen profession.

angle_princess

HSC
This is what's killing me cause i dont know if i can still get like 80+ atar if i perform well in the externals!! Most people say it wont really make a difference even if i do well in the externals!!

agjdsghsjghdsjg

HSC
N/A
yeah im having the same problem too :/
trials start monday and ive already stuffed up with studying, not motivated bla bla
i need an atar of like 70's to get into Health
any tips for trials ?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
This is what's killing me cause i dont know if i can still get like 80+ atar if i perform well in the externals!! Most people say it wont really make a difference even if i do well in the externals!!
Externals are worth 50% (or arguably a little more since it will technically pull up internal averages) so the externals will definitely make a huge difference. The subjects you are doing are some of the more difficult subjects (relatively) available to study for the HSC and are aligned and scaled pretty well. You still have half your trials left so stop worrying about your ATAR and study to do well in the remaining trials!

angle_princess

HSC
Sorry but yr asking the wrong person... :( but all i can say is that dont give up even though you've stuffed up with studying. You can still get back on track and an ATAR of 70's should'nt be hard 4 u achieve.
goodluck studying... :)

Lemonlime

HSC
Hey guys,
I am having a mental breaking down!! I'm in the middle of my trials and have no future at the moment :( I have basically screwed up my whole year and am regretting it... seriously i really have no hope!!
If i fail most of the trial exams would i still be able to do well?? I really need motivation and feel bad that my marks aren't a big enough motivation for me already...
I have no idea what to do!!!! Please help me... i want an atar of high 80's...would i still be able to get this????
that sounds like me ... I could do so much better but I don't have consistency in my motivation :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)