• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can some one predict my ATAR pleease?!?! (2 Viewers)

JosephSeed

HSC
Subject ,Rank, Band 6s last year
New school

Business studies:20/60: 2
:
biology:32/41:1

Maths std:14/50:9

Eng Adv: 11/ 24: 1

PDHPE: 18/ 36:0 coz its a new subject

Honestly, i am 100% sure i can get a 90 plus in all my subjects and i am trying. its just that for trials, i started procrastinating and my rank fell.

Can anyone please help me out?

ojjjjjjjkkllkkk

HSC
Based on your ranks you can still do well in the end however theres work to do for the hsc. You can get over 90 if you score close to or band 6 results in all the hsc exams but your rankings will drag you down since the assessment mark is the mark allocated based on your internal rank. If you perform really werll in one subject in the hsc but the rank is bad you will get dragged down. For exampe if you smash biology and get 93 but because you are 32nd you get the 32nd best mark as an assessment mark and lets say that is 80. The final mark is 80 plus 93 over 2 which is 87 which is still high but you get dragged down. So the message is to work hard for the hsc and you should get over 90.

JosephSeed

HSC
Based on your ranks you can still do well in the end however theres work to do for the hsc. You can get over 90 if you score close to or band 6 results in all the hsc exams but your rankings will drag you down since the assessment mark is the mark allocated based on your internal rank. If you perform really werll in one subject in the hsc but the rank is bad you will get dragged down. For exampe if you smash biology and get 93 but because you are 32nd you get the 32nd best mark as an assessment mark and lets say that is 80. The final mark is 80 plus 93 over 2 which is 87 which is still high but you get dragged down. So the message is to work hard for the hsc and you should get over 90.
thanks man, that made me feel a bit better
Edit: would my mark also go up due to scaling before or after they add and divide

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)