Can u choose more than the MAX electives? (2 Viewers)

asdf

HSC
Looking at the Computer Engineering subjects/courses (or watever the correct name is :p), there are some pretty interesting electives. Can we do more than the MAX alowed? e.g. Say the maximum UOC we can do is 30. Can we add another 12 or 18? :D

heh Thanks.

asdf

HSC
Ahh while im at it, is there a B science (physics) program/plan available (similar to CSE ?). I cant seem to find it anywere in the school of physics site.

sunny

meh.
HSC
This is called overloading - you have to apply to the school for it and its based on academic merit.

Adding another 18uoc on top of 24uoc (the load for a full time student) is suicidal.

People usually overload with *one* subject.

asdf

HSC
lol shit! - didn't realise its that bad. :D

How about an extra session with 24 UOC electives?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by asdf
Ahh while im at it, is there a B science (physics) program/plan available (similar to CSE ?). I cant seem to find it anywere in the school of physics site.
Try the science handbook, page 20 of that PDF:
http://www.publications.unsw.edu.au/Handbooks 2004/Science - UG Handbook 2004.pdf

How about an extra session with 24 UOC electives?
I haven't heard this being done....most people like to leave uni rather than stay for another session.

I think you should think about overloading aftering seeing sem 1 results to see how you've done and if its possible to overload.

asdf

HSC
Thanks for the help Sunny. :) Just one LAST question (I promise :D)! When they say "at MOST, 6 UOC from group X can be selected" - Does that mean i can choose to do none?

sunny

meh.
HSC
If not choosing that 6uoc makes you short of 24 for that session, then you need that 6!

It can also mean that you can only pick a maximum of 6uoc of subjects of a certain discipline (like in gen eds).

Where abouts is this from? Its kinda taken out of context here...

asdf

HSC
In the CSE program link i provided in my second post. It just says that i can have 24 UOC with some restrictions. i.e. Atleast 6 from group X, At most 6 from group Y etc...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Thats for 3rd year....but anyway..

What its referring to is limiting/setting minimums for how much of each group of elective you can do.

You can choose to do none from a group if a minimum is not set, provided you don't violate any other of the restrictions.

asdf

HSC
Thanks for that. :)

BTW: I know it was for 3rd year but the only reason im looking far ahead is because i might accept the EE offer in the late round if i get it. So i just wanna compare the type of stuff that i will be able to do. :)

asdf

HSC
lol u can say that + i wana make sure i wont waste my time on something i wont like (still unsure whether to take Electrical Eng or Computer Eng). grrrr...decisions!!! :chainsaw:

kaseita

no, u can't do an extra session - the uni will basically give u ur certificate n kick u out. they don't like to see people coming out with numerous majors to their degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)