• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can we use .. (2 Viewers)

FD3S-R

looking for alibrandi the book for physical journey essay ORT??

or is the book already part of hsc course??

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Simply because a text comes from the junior quarto is no reason to exclude it from your studies if you have a hankering to do that text, keeping in mind that most markers will know this text at leat slightly and will expect you to look at it differently than it may previously have been. I myself did To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee with no adverse affect. So in summary, its fine to do so long as you do it well .

FD3S-R

ahhh crap so it isnt a good idea to use it....

i need to change my ort my original one from trials was another robert frost poem and i was told not to do 2 poems esp by the same author

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yup, it is suggested that you have a diverse range of texts. However, regardless of whether your related text is a year 11/year 10 novel or not is of no concern, as long as it has good links to your chosen material to AOS, then its cool :cool:

Sar_28

HSC
rabbit proof fence

is it ok to do related texts that other schools are studying as AOS? e.g rabbit proof fence?i was told that it's not advised to do so.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I did it in last year's HSC: Huckleberry Finn(my classes prescribed), Rabbit Proof Fence, the Odyssey and Journeys Over Land and Sea. And I received a good mark as well. You can do it, just do it well. I'd also like to add that it would be worse to try to start working on another related now considering its 5 days till the exam then one you feel wary of because its been used elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)