• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can you get a high ATAR without maths? (1 Viewer)

emilygewargis

HSC
I'm terrible at Mathematics and I don't plan on doing it in my senior years because I know I will fail. I was wondering whether it's possible to achieve an ATAR of around 82+ with these subjects:

SOR 1 unit
English Advanced
Biology
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Ancient History

And I'm not too sure if I should go with Community and Family Studies or Economics, I've heard economics can be really difficult.

broncos123

HSC
N/A
I achieved an ATAR of 87.45 at a school ranked in the 600's while studying English Extension 2, Ancient History, Legal Studies & PDHPE. It is possible if you put your mind to it, however, mathematics is a good scaler, but do what you enjoy.

asdfqwerty

HSC
yes! i know somebody who got 99.95 with all humanities with no maths and science.

enoilgam

HSC
I'm terrible at Mathematics and I don't plan on doing it in my senior years because I know I will fail. I was wondering whether it's possible to achieve an ATAR of around 82+ with these subjects:

SOR 1 unit
English Advanced
Biology
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Ancient History

And I'm not too sure if I should go with Community and Family Studies or Economics, I've heard economics can be really difficult.
It is very much possible - many people get great ATARs without maths (a user from this site got 99.95 without maths in 2009). Out of CAFS and economics, which one do you think you can do better in and which one do you think you will like more.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I do both economics and CAFS and eco is much more difficult. Although it depends on what content you prefer, because i still manage to go better in economics because i have much more motivation to study then for CAFS. Also, i find CAFS to be a bit more dry, but that depends on your interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)