can you highlight answers on the exam paper (1 Viewer)

happinesslovedance

HSC
hi,

on my maths exam paper, i highlighted on the answer section in green with words like "please turn to the back page for the working out and answer" this was to re-direct the marker to the back page where my actual answer was because i had crossed out all the working out that was wrong on the space dedicated for the answer. when nesa scans the answers, is it in colour or black and white, do you think they can see my answer or know to turn to the back page?

thanks!

icycledough

HSC
I think the computer scans and marks the exam paper in black and white (maybe why they ask students to strictly use black pen), but they will also manually check the exam, so they will make sure not to miss out on any page which has working out and answer. I think as you mentioned it, they will know to check it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
NESA instructs students to write using black pen. While there is no problem with using a highlighter to highlight specific questions or parts of a question, students are to write using black pen, meaning that you should not use highlighters while you are writing your responses. This is similar to the event in which a student uses a blue pen instead of a black pen, which is not permitted, as it could give rise to issues relating to the clarity of scans. The possibility that highlighting the words that you have written to the markers will affect the clarity of the scan is possible, although we may not be able to conclude that this will be the case. Regardless of whether the scan ends up being clear, markers will check all pages to ensure no relevant working is ignored, and can therefore be marked. This is irrespective of whether you include a small note asking markers to turn to the back page.

I hope this helps! :D

happinesslovedance

HSC
I think the computer scans and marks the exam paper in black and white (maybe why they ask students to strictly use black pen), but they will also manually check the exam, so they will make sure not to miss out on any page which has working out and answer. I think as you mentioned it, they will know to check it.
I hope they do manually check Thank you so much!

happinesslovedance

HSC
NESA instructs students to write using black pen. While there is no problem with using a highlighter to highlight specific questions or parts of a question, students are to write using black pen, meaning that you should not use highlighters while you are writing your responses. This is similar to the event in which a student uses a blue pen instead of a black pen, which is not permitted, as it could give rise to issues relating to the clarity of scans. The possibility that highlighting the words that you have written to the markers will affect the clarity of the scan is possible, although we may not be able to conclude that this will be the case. Regardless of whether the scan ends up being clear, markers will check all pages to ensure no relevant working is ignored, and can therefore be marked. This is irrespective of whether you include a small note asking markers to turn to the back page.

I hope this helps! :D
thank you for the explanation it does help! thanks!

icycledough

HSC
I hope they do manually check Thank you so much!
No worries, and as jimmy mentioned above, it should be fine. For future exams though, make sure if you do need to write on the back or use another booklet to clearly mention it in black pen, just to make sure there aren't any difficulties which may arise.

nourished.

HSC
hi,

on my maths exam paper, i highlighted on the answer section in green with words like "please turn to the back page for the working out and answer" this was to re-direct the marker to the back page where my actual answer was because i had crossed out all the working out that was wrong on the space dedicated for the answer. when nesa scans the answers, is it in colour or black and white, do you think they can see my answer or know to turn to the back page?

thanks!
It might come out as a black box of text lmao. I wouldn't stress about it though since you will have labelled the question number in the back page anyways.

hatterene

HSC
if it makes you feel less guilty, i used liquid paper in the exam and now i realised you weren't meant to :oops:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)