Canberra is good for studying... (1 Viewer)

Ribbon

alot of people assume usyd is ranked higher because of the cutoffs, but the general consensus I have heard is that usyd, umelb, unsw and anu all rank along the same lines...

M@C D@DDY

HSC
realli?? so y dun more ppl go anu? would it have betta job prospects??

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Because ANU is in Canberra and a lot of people are put off by that because in the larger cities such as Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong etc people have an attitude of "eww, it has no beach! OH NO!!! It must be a hole!".

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
its not true!!!
there is a beach in Canberra, Acton beach, on lake burley griffin.... swim at your own risk

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Hahhaaha elucidate upon your statement!

Isn't ANU at Acton? Sounds like some bored uni students got together and made it or something?

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
yeah its at acton alright and so is the beach is only like 20 m^2, yet the lake is pretty dam seedy and there is no way i would swim in there.

2003HSC

Seriously, dont do law because it is the worst course you could possibly chose at ANU. Just do arts. Better recognition, more careers choices, easier workload... law is for pussies.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Thanks for backing that up with oh so much information. Your opinion sounds very credible and I will be taking your opinions on board - nope!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by 2003HSC
Seriously, dont do law because it is the worst course you could possibly chose at ANU. Just do arts. Better recognition, more careers choices, easier workload... law is for pussies.
u must be being sarcastic...if not then i am worried about you :p

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I would still like to maintain that arts is not the bludgey degree everyone thinks it is. Meh, who am I kidding?! I'm supposed to be writing an essay and I'm on here. Well at least us ANU kiddies got a week more holidays than many other uni's :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
There's an ALDI in Tuggeranong and Queanbyean. Food is the same price as anywhere else (with an ALDI) :p

Last edited:

Ribbon

Originally posted by 2003HSC
lol... sounds like your struggling with the FAL research assignment :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the ANU open day is coming up..and quite a few ppl on BoS are going so you all better post your pictures up!! :D

Ribbon

Originally posted by Ziff
I found some pictures of the ANU campus on the internet the other day.

http://transport.anu.edu.au/permits/queue.html
- That's right. The queue at the parking office!
haha I went there a bought a parking permit today... maybe I am on the website, I should go check :)

ok edit I relised it updates real time, so if you were watching at 1oclock today (cos we all know watching the non existant line at the parking office of ANU is riveting!) you could've seen me...

oh and cheesegrater... what course do you do again? should I know you?

Last edited:

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
haha man, if i was about 30 minutes later in viewing the parking place foyer i would've seen you on the net lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)