• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can't start a new thread? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I was starting a new thread in the 2006 general discussion and a page loaded up with this: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/community/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

What the hell happened?

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
I was starting a new thread in the 2006 general discussion and a page loaded up with this: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/community/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

What the hell happened?
Probably just a glitch try again

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yep, that should have been a one off random error. Just do it again :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I just tried it again like 3 times, same error each time, my post isn't long or anything, dunno what's happened. Someone test if they can start a new thread in the 06 discussion.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
What...? My thread only had 3 sentences in it and no formatting or tags. I'll try again later.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I suspect the error is caused by the "similar threads" box displayed at the bottom of the page - which searches the database for threads like your own and links to them. The error occurs when the search generates too many results.

I'll disable that box and we'll see how things go.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
IT'S WORKING... IT'S WORKING!!!
Yeah, a bit overexcited i know, got my thread posted finally. :D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Lazarus said:
I suspect the error is caused by the "similar threads" box displayed at the bottom of the page - which searches the database for threads like your own and links to them. The error occurs when the search generates too many results.

I'll disable that box and we'll see how things go.

Hmm i doubt many people used that box anyway....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)