• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Career (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Hey I have a question-
I wanna be a teacher..I wasn't 100% sure but now I am. I wanna teach stuff like Creative arts-Video (I dont know the name of the course but its video) and multimedia etc.
However I dont want to go to uni and get a teaching diploma or whatever it is you have to get. I'm going for a diploma in multimedia integration (hopefully depinding on HSC mark) and then a Bachelor of Digital Media.
Does anyone know if this is ok... like would I be able to get a teaching job with that or would I HAVE to go to uni and do a teaching course?

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
a diploma of education (DipEd) is a 2 yr course if u come back later, 1 yr if u tag it on the end of ur 1st course. u need one to teach in the public education system (i think), but private school, catholic schools, etc, don't neccessarily need one. it helps a lot. maybe u could put it into ur other courses so it doesn't add extra time. it's pretty easy, and fun. My mum did it 4 yrs ago, and i am next yr!

kylie_robbo

No... I go to a private school... most will not employ someone unless they have Ed somewhere in the letters after their name, whether it is B Ed or Dip Ed it doesn't really matter...

But then again, there are some really bizzare schools who don't care if their teachers are actually trained teachers or not...

Maybe teaching video/media at TAFE... I don't think you need a Ed in your name to teach there...

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
our head of music came staight to my school without any degree. He's just a muso. he worked his way up the ranks and has been head for like 20 yrs. and that's a private school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)