Careers/uni (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
hi, just wondering how come there isnt companies like Ernst & young, KPMG etc etc but in the field of engineering(civil/structural), where u can undergo their cadet programs, i would nearly like to do a cadetship in engineering, ive been working as a courier driver for 3 and a half years and im sick of it, givin me no career experience in my field.

Anyone know any companies willing to offer cadetships? or also, ive searched and seen alot of engineering consultancies, but the problem is i dont know what to tell them, can u give me an idea when i phone or email them, what can i say to them?

Krieg

HSC
I don't know much about it but I know a lot of my friends went to UOW because they were going to do engineering cadetships there.

T

Testpilot

A lot of the UOW people on Cadetships are doing these with Bluescope or BHP, whichever is at Port Kembla (i forget).

Last edited by a moderator:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You might not be able to get a cadetship but you can usually get some sort of industrial or work experience in your area at some companies. You just need to look harder I guess. Graduate jobs are probably a bit easier to find I guess and if you go to those careers fairs and stuff they have at uni, you'll find a fair few companies offering engineering related jobs.

HSC
Testpilot said:
A lot of the UOW people on Cadetships are doing these with Bluescope or BHP, whichever is at Port Kembla (i forget).
Bluescope and BHP are the same thing, and yes that's in Port Kembla. There's a few of them in my course. I know of a couple who work One Steel in some place near Eastern Creek. Although they are for Electrical and Mechanical, I don't know any in Civil engineering.

To the original poster, you could always try asking different companies if they offer cadetships.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)