Cars / 'Grey' Imports / Motorsport (1 Viewer)

needtostudy

Originally posted by Nguyen

Let me conclude this by using all images.

That is all. :D
hahahahahhahhaha !!!!!!!11111:D :D :D
RICERS!!!!!!
woot
hopefully i wil get my ae86 hachi roku and learn to drift

Amuka

Originally posted by tactic
Amuka its pretty much a bit to late now..
a lot of compliance plates have run out, the place i work at ran out of supra skyline and z plates a fair while back
Damn i feared that, don't know what ill do now....

Nguyen

Guys, it's the weekend again. Take it easy when your driving and don't do stupid things in the wet.

I don't want to hear anyone being killed.

tekster

HSC
N/A
SEVS law

Heres my summary and implications of the new SEVS law which commences on the 8th May 2003.

- Vehicle must be stock standard when complied. If not, the aftermarket parts must be removed then destroyed, being replaced with stock standard parts.

- In Months leading upto May 2003 compliancing will take longer than usual because of the last minute rushes to buy cheap imports. For this reason it would be wise to import before February 2003.

- Generally, the new laws mean that imports will cost more since there are increases in fees, and the common fact that most cars which come to Australia from Japan ARE NOT stock standard.

- Import vehicles already here in Australia are unaffected and owners may be able to sell their vehicles for a bit more, since one won't be able to import a Skyline GTS-T or 180SX for cheap anymore.

- Department of Transport and Regional Services are just a bunch of f*ckheads! (excuse me the language; I'm a car enthusiast) whos sole purpose for the new laws are to reduce the number of high-quality Japanese imports. They even said it themselves at a conference. They're just a bunch of poofs who prefer us to drive Holden (unreliable, poor quality, crap) Commodore SS's than Nissan Skylines.

* prepares for war against HRT fanboys * :chainsaw:

Heres a petition against the laws.
http://www.petitiononline.com/antiSEVS/

Last edited:

tekster

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Amuka

Damn i feared that, don't know what ill do now....
Well you still can import if you're lucky and know the right people. My brother is currently importing a 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R for himself and a Nissan Silvia S15 (Yup.. 180kw+ .. not 200sx). The cars won't be here till mid February. Both cars are going to be complied before 8th May though so everything is good.

Last edited:

needtostudy

Originally posted by Nguyen
Guys, it's the weekend again. Take it easy when your driving and don't do stupid things in the wet.

I don't want to hear anyone being killed.
especially with rear wheel drive cars
you know what happens in the wet :D
drift , slide, wheel spin the works

needtostudy

i reckon we should start a little car meeting thing you know, all the people of class 03 02 etc all meet up and stuff with their cars hehe
and go car cruising n show off each others ride ! :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by needtostudy
i reckon we should start a little car meeting thing you know, all the people of class 03 02 etc all meet up and stuff with their cars hehe
and go car cruising n show off each others ride ! :D
ayo what about the people wit bikes man? haha can we ride along as well?:p

tekster

HSC
N/A
What does everyone think of the new Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo?
I think it's about time a good car came out of Australia. Rumour has it that the car put out 300kw at the engineering centre while it was being tested and the power was heavily restricted to be similar to XR8s so there would still be a market for XR8s.. pity.

Last edited:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I have my p's!!!! um I like lotsa cars...mmm theres a really nice saab at the front of my house, I wonder if the neighbours would me drive it.

Nguyen

Re: yay a car forum!

Originally posted by Isaac Reyes

You know jack shit.

Have you ever even looked under a car? I.e. driveshaft, diff, transaxle et al? Adding an extra 10Kw to the new XR6T (which could be easily gotten from a big exhaust and mild boost increase) will not make the 'drivetrain' 'fall apart'. Yes it will put more strain on the diff and clutch but sane driving will see it holding up ok as long as Ford has engineered it as well as previous XR's (highly likely). Where are you getting your information Nguyen?
Unfortunately, the rest of the XR6T driveline feels like it's from a previous era of muscle cars...

The standard BTR T5 5-speed manual gearbox whines and growls while, out back, the diff clunks and snatches as you get on and off the power. With barely 4,000 kilometres on the clock of our test car we can't help wonder how tired it'll feel at, say, 40,000 kays. Lucky there's a 3-year/100,000-kilometre warranty...

Why You Wouldn't...

Gearbox and differential whines and clunks - we wonder about durability
Source: http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=1613&P=2

From a stock car, hmmm wonder if you increased the boost, i'm telling ya it won't hold together.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Dream car is an M3. Duh :)

Looking to get a mkiv supra in the next few years.. depending on whether I crack and spend my scholarship money on textbooks (no! NEVER!) :D

Went for a ride in a pretty much stock 33GTR the other night.. the AWD sticks like crazy! Nice car tho, anybody want to get me one? ;)

tekster

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by anti
Went for a ride in a pretty much stock 33GTR the other night.. the AWD sticks like crazy! Nice car tho, anybody want to get me one? ;)
It sticks like crazy? I've ridden in a few R33 GTRs before and they don't seem to stick like crazy, relative to an actual AWD like an Impreza WRX.

GTRs aren't really AWD, they're rather Dynamic 4WD.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Perhaps I should've said, compared to a RWD GTST (which I'd just jumped out of), it's nicer around corners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)