Case Study Confusion??? (1 Viewer)

PhiL

I keep reading on b.o.s of people who only have one case study for their extended responses.

Are you only meant to have one BIG case study for the report or lots of little ones along the way.

Can someone finally answer this, cause there is heaps of confusion about this?

Thanks

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
also with case studies, what topics do we need them for? ive only been doing them for employment relations and probably global, but will we need them for marketing?
thanks

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by PhiL
Are you only meant to have one BIG case study for the report or lots of little ones along the way.
it is a good idea to have one major case study for the extended resport.

it is logical to have one big case study instead of remembering bits and pieces from a variety of case studies.

this is cuz:
1. it is much easier for you to remember.
2. saves confusion between biz names and biz operations.
3. consistency for the student and the marker.

however, having said that, some of the band 6 and 5 students are intergrating minor case studies with one major one.

The advantages of one big one + one minor one are:
- shows the marker you have a wide range of knowledge
- flexibility, just in case if one particular case study does not have the relevant info on a particular section eg: a lot of bizes do not supply employment relations info

Make sure you do not overload on case studies, cuz when u know a lot, it makes u want to show off even more, then you migh sidetrack and not answer the question.

so it really is up to you if you want to just stick to one or have a few.

My suggestion is to have a major one, and remember another minor case study to supplement it.

By having a major and a minor, you are not only well prepared
but u also give yourself greater flexibility to answer a wider range of questions.

But for those who feel they are outta time, similar effects can b achieved if you know one major one really well.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by ezzy85
also with case studies, what topics do we need them for? ive only been doing them for employment relations and probably global, but will we need them for marketing?
thanks
it is desirable to know a case study that answers all da topics. This is simply because you do not know whtat the extended response might ask you.

last year's paper's last question asks the student to talk abt industrial conflict and employment relations. and the year b4 that the question's focus was on marketing. So it is a good idea to have one case study and make sure you hve info on each topic.

just a note: it does not matter how popular ur case study is, as long as you can apply it, then it is ok.

Dashpreet

Back again...

Hey :(

Ummm... i was wondering if u have a cose study on Aldi???
I've looked up all the information i could get from the BRW website...
But i still need sum more info on it relating to globalisation of businesses...

So yeh... if have it (or have ne idea where i can find some of the info)... :rolleyes: email us: lord_dash@hotmail.com

Thnx

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Aldi is relatively harder..in terms of trying to get info....this is because they are divided into countries, and other than the name..ther isnt any real common link between them...but that was when it was first opened, so dunno how it is now....

the last time i rang them up and asked for a info pack..they didnt have one..so dunno if they have one now.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)