• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

cash reconciliation? (1 Viewer)

fuzzy~logic

does anyone here do a cash drawer reconciliation?
i did one at work the other day but i think i fudged through it though...hope manager doesn't call me in or anything....anyone have anytips on how to do one?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
fuzzy~logic said:
does anyone here do a cash drawer reconciliation?
i did one at work the other day but i think i fudged through it though...hope manager doesn't call me in or anything....anyone have anytips on how to do one?
is that when u count yuor draw cash?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i know how to do a bank reconciliation, if thats what you are talking about.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
sound like it is where you count the cash in your draw...

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
if your new it shouldn't matter just say your learning!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I don't know what 'reconciliation' is, technically, but I assume you're talking about just counting the till at the end of the day.. Count it twice until you're accurate. Eventually you'll get it right first time, every time. Count it in the same order every time (ie i start with the $50s, and go down in size to 5c.. pretty logical, but others start with coins, etc... ) and you'll get into the habit of it.. count 50c's and 5c's in two's, and take it slow until you're confident with all coins..

Different companies have different policies.. at Franklins I know we were meant to count our enitre till, take out all but the float, count that, then recount the float, so we ended up counting everything twice. .. :rolleyes:

It's pretty simple... As Choco said, if you're new to it it doesn't matter. Just take it easy. First day I ever counted it someone else lost $300 and I got the blame... interesting situation.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
where i work we have count the cash do a drop for the excess...then get all our shift totals and add them up (like diners/amex etc.....to see how much over/under we are....when i first started i got horribly wrong...and muddled up...but yeah its like second nature now....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)