• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CAST AWAY: Physical journey: HELP (1 Viewer)

LS

HSC
:confused:

I need help on the movie cast away in relating physical journey, i know it is obvious, but i need more info to support my plain argument....
Thanks

Last edited:

Charles8Cindy

HSC
Here is some of the things that i have write in my flim review for 'cast away' in the topic physical journey:)

The composer has present the concept of physical journey to us (viewers) by use different film techniques such as camera angle and background sounds to show the obstacles and challenges Chuck had to face.

Chuck begins to face his challenge with an unexpected situation where the plane he is crashing down by the lighting storm, in this scene the camera is very bumpy; by this the director is attempting to make the viewer feel uneasy, as though in danger.

Suddenly there is an explosion in the airplane, within a split second Chuck is being sucked out of the bathroom. This changes the entire mood of the film and makes the scene into very dramatic sequence.

Now, the background sounds arise and creates fear and panic. The noise of the plane as it descends creates a creepy feeling for the viewers. A mixture of engine noise and wind weeping through the plane become the forefront of the sound, and almost block out any other noises, e.g. voices of the crew and the banging of objects flying round. Which creates a very frightening yet unreal atmosphere, you may expect that, if you are in this situation.

The camera techniques used during this movement is creating a very extreme and terrifying atmosphere. This allows the viewer to realize the danger the aircraft is in, at the same time it is also creating a documentary style which gives the viewer the feeling of what is like to be actually being there with Chuck through this obstacle.

Through out the film, “close up” is being use frequently and it is no higher than Chuck's shoulder height. This helps audience to feel closer to Chuck by being involved in what is happening to him, during the physical journey.

Good luck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)