• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Casual Position @ Myer (1 Viewer)

debfang

HSC
I'm pretty sure this topic has been covered on the discussion boards somewhere...but I did a little bit of a backtracking and couldn't find anything for this year yet (and since staff discounts at Myer just got better in the last month or so I thought any info about the job from 2006 might be outdated so yeah)

So I just got this job at the new Myer Forest Hill store in Vic (it's the first one-level store that's being opened this Saturday), and everyone at work isn't very sure about the pay & penalty rates we're going to be getting. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Cheers :wave:

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
depending on your age - its 14.xx normal rate for those under 20 which includes casual loading (assuming you are casual) Sundays are time and a half based on your pay rate that doesnt include casual loading (dodgy but apparantly legal)
over 20 and its 18.XX an hour normal rate

discounts as you said just got better but you have to wait 3 months to get your card.

CieL

HSC
Captin gay said:
I should get 13.20/hr but I end up getting like ~$10

How do I get my extra money!!
Is 13.2/hr the contract you signed?

Find out who manages the pay.
Go straight up to them and ask them why. Easy.

I got shortchanged a few times.. just went straight up to them and they paid me back, plus a few bucks on top lol

debfang

HSC
I've been working there for about a month now, and they forgot to bring my contract to the pre-employment session. I've been bugging the managers for it everytime I see them, and they always have some sort of reason to explain why they don't have it.

I'm starting to get really angry with the management because:
1) They stuffed up my hourly rate of pay
2) They haven't given me my contract (and the implications of not having one is too great to risk)
3) I am nowhere on the rosters...and I have been nowhere for about 2 weeks plus now. All I've been doing is taking over my friend's shifts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)