• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Trial Tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

azzikiel

Dj azzikiel...
HSC
I wonder how tomorrow's SOR exam will go.. I hope it will be easy. Any chances of the paper being leaked and sent my way? Haha.. Guess not.. Anyways good luck to everyone thats doing the exam.. If anyone has any hints or random information that might be able to help in some way.. please help :)

Thanks guys :D

-Dj Azzikiel.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
azzikiel said:
Any chances of the paper being leaked and sent my way?

That would be cheating.

azzikiel

Dj azzikiel...
HSC
Sick.. man you people need to lighten up.. and if you could get your hands on the paper you would. Seriously get up and go for a walk or something.. geez.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
hows about we all lighten up a bit hey guys?
I mean, SOR's not really the place for this type of carry on

@ azzikiel...deus wasnt being serious. Judging from your post count, you probably wouldnt know that as he is a BoS regular (though not a SOR regular!)

My suggestion (and Im not being smart) - know the syllabus and you will find the CSSA trial easy

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
azzikiel, I'd be very careful about what I say, whether jokingly or not. The seriousness of such an act is something many students do not seem to understand. I personally know the results of such events and was indirectly involved, although not for the CSSA trial. As for some tips, I sat the exam last year and these are the best things I can think of:

1. Know your facts. These constantly turn up in multiple choice. Things such as which denominations formed the Uniting Church, what year it was formed, what Act was formed from Mabo case etc. are all extremely common and reoccuring questions.

2. Ensure you are prepared to answer anything from the syllabus that they can possibly throw at you. This means actually going through each section of the syllabus and ensuring you can give a decent response off the top of your head, if not go back to your notes and try again. Often questions will be taken directly from the syllabus and you can be sure those that arent directly from it will relate to some section, whether or not it appears to.

3. Know what you will talk about in the last question for the 1 unit course or the last 3 questions for the 2 unit. This is a 20 mark essay, and there is a very limited range of questions that they can ask. As to how you would remember such information, I guess thats different for each individual. I found writing an essay and memorising it to be best, but most I know wouldnt go this approach.

Hope that helps and most importantly good luck! Remember these exams are called trials for a reason, so dont be so disheartened if everything doesnt go your way.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Just to hijack this thread a little (as its appropriate)

Gotta love the trials panic
taken 5 minutes ago

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
snapperhead said:
Just to hijack this thread a little (as its appropriate)

Gotta love the trials panic
taken 5 minutes ago
u shouldve seen Area of study last night snapperhead
over 79 people viewing (25 members and 54were guests)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)