• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Centrelink - qualifying as independent? (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

So I fall short by about $100 of the minimum amount I need to have earned to qualify as independent...will Centrelink be lenient and still allow me to qualify? :eek:

mcs

HSC
Lol Centrelink wont be lenient but you can be dodgy.... just get a neigbour/friend whatever to say you've done 3 days work for them or something and if you need to show Centrelink proof beforehand get some money out, give it to whoever it is you 'worked' for and get them to put it back in your account (Make the amount slightly different though, eg you give them $150 but they only put in $140 so its not noticeable). Just come up with some scheme like that to make up the difference!

Matt

alby

cool duckie
HSC
gavin: unless you're currently completely jobless, cant you just wait an extra week or so till you've gotten the extra money to get up to the level?

sam: from what i've heard, they base it on earnings in the current/last financial year. i'm in a similar situation as you were (though we've got the house, he moved out). the family income will drop dramatically after this financial year, because mum's not working, they're in the process of splitting most things (eg. shares, super, who gets what money from other things which given to both of them/invested in both names), and she's also buying the house off dad

Last edited:

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
alby said:
gavin: unless you're currently completely jobless, cant you just wait an extra week or so till you've gotten the extra money to get up to the level?

sam: from what i've heard, they base it on earnings in the current/last financial year. i'm in a similar situation as you were (though we've got the house, he moved out). the family income will drop dramatically after this financial year, because mum's not working, they're in the process of splitting most things (eg. shares, super, who gets what money from other things which given to both of them/invested in both names), and she's also buying the house off dad
yea, we are waiting for when our tax wont show the loan...but its still stupid :( lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)