• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Chances of Getting into B Commerce (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Hey All,

I got a UAI of 79.05, and the required UAI for 2004 was 81, and this will obviously increase further. I was wandering what my chances of getting into this course were. I live in Sutherland but didnt attend a skool here so I wont be able to get a bonus 3 UAi points. NOw it may seem like - why do I even think I can get in. Well i read in the UAC guide that you could get entry into courses at UOW through your results in subjects relating to the course you want. I have gone well in Eco, Business and Accounting which all relate to the course. I have also place B Commerce as my first preference. With all of this in mind, what are my chances of getting into the course? I would like to know this because if my chances are very slim then I may consider placing another course at another uni which has a required UAI near mine as my first prefernence, giving me more of a chance of getting into it. Still, my preferred uni would be UOW due to transport and other factors.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
You should contact UoW about this, and speak with them. Keep the course at the top of your preferences if you really want to do it there (if not, obviously change it), then when main round comes, if you're not offered a place, you will still be offered the place in another uni. Since you've not got your first preference, in the Late and Final rounds, you'll be considered again.

Best bet is to give the Faculty of Commerce a try. I'm not a student of that faculty, however, so maybe someone who knows whether or not the sub-dean is a nice person or something can help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)