Change always involves paying a price (1 Viewer)

hk31

HSC
How would u start off an essay with this question?
I'm stuck...

keep in mind...my prescribed text is Gwen Harwood...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
my text is alos harwood...

Basically devleope a thesiss abt change. eg: the process of chaning self invovles a tradeoff of paying a price. These 'prices' of change can be physical, ...............etc.........

price:

- physical price - eg: the lady in 'in the park' becomes frail....most obvious..dunt spend too much time on this one cuz its not gonna get u many marks.

- price of innocence and youth - eg: in 'the glass jar'.....the cyclical images of a sunrise indaicte a change in time, and with that the boy's sympathetic beleifs in the higher older disppears. Not only has he lost his childhood innocence, but he has become more confused. His confusion is a direct result of change and is part of the price he has to pay.

- price of certainities - eg: in 'prize-giving' the professor loses his respectivbility at the end, the pressor who wore an 'academic dress' becomes 'a sage fool' . Although he is old and he is well educated, but after the ceremony, he becomes uncertain of himself. ..much like the imagery of 'peered into a trophy which suspended his image upside down', his world has turned upside down

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Change is innevatable and unstopable. However, change always comes at a price. Gwen Harwoods.....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Change is but a inevitability and to try and barricade its path is useless to say the least. That being said, change is not without cost, for to advance, whether it be for a negative or postitive direction, we must compromise and replace something to move further from that stagnation that is mediocrity....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
with a change, there is always a consequence,, something always comes out of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)