change stimlus booklet (1 Viewer)

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hey...
does any one have notes on the texts or poems from the change stimulus booklet?
thanks
i urgently need notes on sky- high text 3.
thanks

iheartbach

HSC
hey,
these are my notes on sky high. they're pretty vague, but they might help you get started:

- changes in the writer
* physically - she is larger - in the last paragraph - "...but it is unlikely the washing line could support me now, there are too many things tying me to the ground" as well as the fact she can now "easily touch the sagging wires", whereas when she was younger she had to "pull herself up"; and also the aging of her skin, from in paragraph two "smooth sweat damp hands" to in the last one "my hands, beginning to accumulate the line etched story of life in scars and wrinkles"
* emotionally - the quote "...but it is unlikely the washing line could support me now, there are too many things tying me to the ground" could also be interpreted as she now has responsibilities as an adult, and is not as carefree as she was in her youth, and also that as she has grown older, society has conditioned her views on what is accepted behaviour, that is, as an 18-year-old, it would be seen as slightly strange to be swinging around a hills hoyst, not to mention dangerous, but as a child she couldn't really care less.

- written in first person, feels more personal to the reader

- tone - reflective, nostalgic, slightly resigned and at times (particularly when reliving her youth) conversational e.g. paragraph 4

- constant change in tense (from past to present). she often talks about the past in the present tense.

- personification of washing line "silver skeletal arms", "older and lines are sagged"

i hope this helps! if you have any questions/need anything else, just ask, because we've done alot of work on the stimulus booklet :)

anita

intoyou

HSC
hey, do you have anything on "Humans in Their Environment" ? Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
really ? i thought there would be syllabus material here ...
damn i have an asessment tomorrow ... and i got 6/15 as a mark for homework due to my poor language skills

and hey we have 3 ppl doing the HSC in 2007 ... damn competitions

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
why don't any of you do 'the door'? i reckon thats the best text out of the change stimulus booklet. if you want i can post the notes i wrote on it =]

mandy1989

HSC
hey
i have an assigname on change ... and i was wondering if anyone had any notes on images 2A and 2B. anything on how they relate to change.
thank you

conman

HSC
mandy1989 said:
hey
i have an assigname on change ... and i was wondering if anyone had any notes on images 2A and 2B. anything on how they relate to change.
thank you
I have a booklet analyse whole thing, it's pretty good to read over it. 'cause it also define what techniques has been used. I will try to scan and post it

f.director

HSC
Hey do u have anything on "My Father Began as a God" by Ian Mudie?
If u do plz post it. Thanks.

alex.m

HSC
hey yea if its not a problem ...... i got assement on the door very soon lol

mcain07

HSC
hey can anyone please post any of the notes on the stimulus booklet i have been really sick lately and i desperately need the notes i have to do an analysis on text 1, 2a and 2b, 3 and 4.

please..it would be greatly appreciated

Maddy

JayT

HSC
hey, does anyone know any good poem that relates to the stimulus booklet story, 'sky-high' of growing up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)