• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Changing my PIP topic... (1 Viewer)

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
You may remember that I had decided to base my PIP around eating disorders and the factors that cause them. After a lot of deliberation, I've decided that eating disorders are overdone and I don't have the ability to successfully stand out from the hundreds of other PIPs with the same topic.
I've now decided to change my topic to looking at the past, present and future of wiccan religion. Please tell me this is an original topic?

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
It's a religion... pagan, 'witch craft'. I'm basing the idea around continuity and change, basically how the religion has evolved since the burning times and what may happen to it in the future.

Abbeygale

HSC
Well, continuity and change might be difficult since wicca didn't exist during the burning times. It was developed in the 1940s, and claims that it has been developed from a pre-existing 'underground' religion are iffy at best.
The majority of those killed by the witch hunts were god fearing Christians. A good example is to look at Salem- of the original 11, only one practised anything close to a pagan religion. That was the servant girl, whose name slips my memory (it starts with a T), who practised a native African religion. And she wasn't executed.
Basically, while looking a evolving opinions of witchcraft would be an interesting topic, trying to examine the evolution of the religion since the burning times would be incredibly risky, since connections between modern wicca and the burning times are quite shaky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)