changing perpsective (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hey
i have 2 write a essay on da following topic:
"if there is no change then there is no progress"
plz give me some ideas on wat texts cud i use from the stimulus booklet 2 support da above statement n which poems of peter skryzynecki support da above?

plz reply soon
:rolleyes: :confused:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
The key word to focus on is, of course, 'progress', since you're probably already sick of the word CHANGE (and believe me, it doesn't get any better).

The texts you should focus on are the ones which study movement forward, ie progress. For example in The Door you've got a metaphorical change (to move through the door indicates that there may be 'a draught' - even a small indicator of progress). You can explain how these texts show the consequences of change, or how a lack of change can stop positive progress from occuring.

Skrzynecki poems all pretty much explore the concept of progress as a result of change... except that Chronic Ward one, which I advise you to stay well away from. Compare the perspectives of Peter and his father/mother, and how they define 'progress' (as a family they migrate to initiate progress; as individuals some of them refuse to change and hence stagnate, and Peter attempts to change and hence develops as an individual).

You probably have to define 'progress' a little more clearly since it's a very vague term. Don't spread yourself too thin!

Good luck :)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
cud u tell me which of skryznecki's poems relate 2 progress ie moving ahead???:confused:
i think crossing the red sea does , which other???

pls help!:(

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy
hey
i have 2 write a essay on da following topic:
"if there is no change then there is no progress"
plz give me some ideas on wat texts cud i use from the stimulus booklet 2 support da above statement n which poems of peter skryzynecki support da above?

plz reply soon
:rolleyes: :confused:
the door from stimulus booklet (text one)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)