• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

changing subjects (1 Viewer)

Raz0r

HSC
so currently i'm in software design & development but i don't really like it so i'm deciding to change to legal studies but the school won't let me coz the class is full -,,-

wat to do? :/

Last edited:

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
I have the same problem. I am currently doing engineering studies and I dont really like it. Modern History is on the same line and I want to change to that because I love history. Problem is the class is full, however the head teacher said she would put me on the priority list so that if anyone drops that class, I will get to go straight into it. Perhaps you could negotiate with the teacher who organises this to put you on a waiting list or priority list so that if anyone drops legal studies, you can then pick it up.
I totally feel for you though, it sucks having to sit through a class you dont enjoy. I actually really wanted to do software design and development...but get this.. even though my school is a 'technology' school they didnt end up running it because there "wasnt enough people" and i know alot of people who chose it....yet engineering studies has what, 10? so angry at the school :mad: so i was sort of forced to pick engineering studies because at the time I was already doing ancient history and didnt want to have two history subjects, but then this year I dropped ancient history for multimedia and I'm trying to get out of engineering for modern history. Apparently theres like 2 girls in the class who hate modern history and are trying to change...hopefully they drop it so i can get in >.<

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I have the same problem. I am currently doing engineering studies and I dont really like it. Modern History is on the same line and I want to change to that because I love history. Problem is the class is full, however the head teacher said she would put me on the priority list so that if anyone drops that class, I will get to go straight into it. Perhaps you could negotiate with the teacher who organises this to put you on a waiting list or priority list so that if anyone drops legal studies, you can then pick it up.
I totally feel for you though, it sucks having to sit through a class you dont enjoy. I actually really wanted to do software design and development...but get this.. even though my school is a 'technology' school they didnt end up running it because there "wasnt enough people" and i know alot of people who chose it....yet engineering studies has what, 10? so angry at the school :mad: so i was sort of forced to pick engineering studies because at the time I was already doing ancient history and didnt want to have two history subjects, but then this year I dropped ancient history for multimedia and I'm trying to get out of engineering for modern history. Apparently theres like 2 girls in the class who hate modern history and are trying to change...hopefully they drop it so i can get in >.<
organise something like this so you can change into the class if a position opens up but also try stay on top of the legal studies work, it wouldn't be as easy since no class time but it isn't a hard subject to learn by yourself, you could tell your teacher you're planning to do this in hopes of it making a difference.

enoilgam

HSC
so currently i'm in software design & development but i don't really like it so i'm deciding to change to legal studies but the school won't let me coz the class is full -,,-

wat to do? :/
There isnt really much you can do, hopefully, someone will drop out of Legal which will allow you to take their place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)