• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

changing title of thread (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it seems that members, not just mods are supposed to be able to change the title of a thread? is that right? because i go to edit, change the title, and when i go back to the thread it still has the original title. but then when i click edit to try and change it again it is there as the changed title.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
also, i wanted to know, how come so much ppl. (03'ers) these days are getting custom status(even though their well below 800 posts) - has there been a rule change or something? :D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
it seems that members, not just mods are supposed to be able to change the title of a thread?
Members can only change the title of the first post in the thread (which is initially set to be the same as the title of the thread). Moderators can also change the thread title.

Originally posted by freaking_out
also, i wanted to know, how come so much ppl. (03'ers) these days are getting custom status(even though their well below 800 posts)
At least one of two criteria need to be satisfied in order for a member to be eligible for custom status. The first relates directly to their post count, and the second corresponds to the length of time they've been with us. This has been the case for a while now.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Members can only change the title of the first post in the thread (which is initially set to be the same as the title of the thread). Moderators can also change the thread title.
oh i understand.

now,i remember i asked this in a thread a while back, if there was the name of the thread near where it says "author, thread" but i worked out it was the TITLe of the 1st post i was getting confused with

my question is, does everyone else still have a title to their first post? because i can never see one. it used to be there automatically.
Originally posted by Lazarus
length of time
freaking out remember it used to be before dec 2002? maybe the moths have been slowly moving, and now it's some month after 2002?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
haha yes, months do tend to move ;)

for a mod to change the title of a thread we use the admin options; otherwise you can just use the 'edit' function which changes the individual posts

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Changing the title of your post will not affect the title of the thread, it will just change the title of the first post in the thread. To change a thread title PM your moderator. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Depends on which mod. Certainly not this one! ;)
so i will pm you, if i ever need it done, if you mod the section i post in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)