• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Changing University Pre Req's (1 Viewer)

SairsyFairy

HSC
Hi all,

Basically I was wondering if a University can just change the Pre Req's of the subject from "xxx" last year to "yyy" this year.

Cause basically this looks like it has happened, and I pretty much based my subject selection for year's 11 & 12 on this course, and have had it changed from underneath me.

Some info would be great.

hotdimsim

HSC
Yes they can. However, the universities release plans for there courses about 2 years before the scheduled school leaver intake for that course. ie if you start uni in 2010, then in 2008 the uni's will say for the Bachelor of blah blah you need pre req's x y and z for entry to that course in 2010. This means students starting year 11 in 2008 will know what subjects to choose for HSC/VCE for there chosen course in 2010.
A uni would be very unlikely to change those pre-reqs, as like you, so many ppl base subject selection on the pre-reqs.

Tbh youll get a better answer by ringing the uni directly and asking them (particularly the faculty of the chosen course)

HSC
Yes they can. However, the universities release plans for there courses about 2 years before the scheduled school leaver intake for that course. ie if you start uni in 2010, then in 2008 the uni's will say for the Bachelor of blah blah you need pre req's x y and z for entry to that course in 2010. This means students starting year 11 in 2008 will know what subjects to choose for HSC/VCE for there chosen course in 2010.
A uni would be very unlikely to change those pre-reqs, as like you, so many ppl base subject selection on the pre-reqs.

Tbh youll get a better answer by ringing the uni directly and asking them (particularly the faculty of the chosen course)
This was always my understanding of how it worked.

Andi0390

HSC
That sucks. I imagine they can do it, they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Yeah. Maybe they'll overlook it, or maybe you'll have to try another university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)