• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chat how do i study? (1 Viewer)

4lulai

HSC
Im currently in year 11 and to me this is my 'trial year' as im wanting to try out different study techniques and see what works for me so by the time i start my hsc course, i can efficiently and effectively study.
ibr, ive never studied. I managed to get through most of highschool, getting mostly Bs and some As here and there without studying. My question is, how do i study? Like i know we are supposed to be studying the syllabus but how do we study the syllabus? For Most of my classes, we just look through slides and do worksheets. I find that they dont really teach me much content in detail and its very easy to forget. Should i go through textbooks and make notes from them? or are there more effective ways of teaching yourself the syllabus and memorising it? what are some study techniques that were the most effective for yall?

wollongong warrior

HSC
I don't use any study techniques, I find them very cookie cutter and generally unhelpful
I can't speak on humanities but for math/physics/engineering topics, you study to gain intuition
Consistently reading the textbook + supplementary material; drawing pictures, making remarks, etc; and practice is all you really need
Don't fall into making notes which don't add anything, they will only improve your memory which is good in short term but will really mess you up later on since you're not growing your intuition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)