cheap classics?? (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
u know how u can buy cheap classics what is the cheapest and were do u get them from ive found ones callled wordsworth classics and they are 6 bucks each from an unleashed book store does anyone know any other ones thanks... i no i seem scaby but there not that bad quality and i have no money lol thats the main factor

decypher

HSC
Amazon.con is usually around $10 so AU$13 plus shipping. Good if you buy in bulk. Bad for one offs.

Season

HSC
Have you tried second hand bookstores? I visit them all the time, borders usually have cheaper books.

Of course there is always the library, I live in that thing at times, and its free

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Your local library will have a lot of classics. USyd's library has every classic imaginable and you can join for $50 if you're not an undergraduate there.

There's no point in buying cheap classics if you don't have money because Penguin Classics (the vast majority of the "classics" are this type) are printed on non-acid free paper which means they degrade.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
I know you can wordsworth ones at "Basement Books", they are in Central as soon as you come out of the tunnel. They have really cheap and new books. I bought Dickens' wordsworth classics for $5 each there, they have a pretty good selection xD

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Op shops, 2nd hand bookshops, www.ebay.com.au (sometimes), 'Barnes and Noble Classics' is another cheap range their at Dymocks sometimes, but yeh most of the classics they sell are Penguins.

Hatta

HSC
Op shops are every cheap bookworm's best friend. It may take a while if you're looking for a particular title, but it's well worth it when you find it for 50c (or, in the case of most charity ones, when someone with good taste in books dies and they all get sold for less than a buck each :D ).

desiredusername

HSC
The other day I spent roughly $20 on two books; The Odssey by Homer and Sense and Sensibilty at Angus and Roberstons.

Another way is to borrow library books.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Enter competitions too.
I won my entire penguin classics collection by vomiting something like 25words on their website about my fav classic (The Loved One)
Generous!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
second hand bookshops are okay (don't go to berkelouw they're overpriced), and op-shops are good too

for new classics the best i've found so far would probably be kinokuniya- they stock wordsworth (cheaper than penguin)

bawd

HSC
Personally, I like Penguin Black Classics and Silver Modern Classics because of the neatness and clarity of their typeset, as well as the Notes, Further Reading Suggestions etc that is provided. Quite worth the few extra dollars. :)

HSC
i saw a lot of JANE AUSTEN and other classics (with like intros and all that) from DYMOCKS for around 5 bucks each which is pretty cheap plus it is DYMOCKS, the rip off book store, which is saying a lot.

I would recommend second hand book stores as well but BE CAREFUL, i got ripped off majorly by paying 5 bucks for an old battered copy of pride and prejudice. lol

I reckon you should try out st vincent de pauls and op shops though, generally cheaper and usually has lots of battered old copies. Nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)