Chem Olympiad (1 Viewer)

TheShy

HSC
Hey guys, year 11 right now, and I wanna know how difficult the olympaid is, for both chem and physics. I heard a bit that it is around HSC level, is that true?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard a bit that it is around HSC level, is that true?
Haha what. Whoever told you that is just talking smack. HSC Physics is a joke in the world of Science. Real Physics like Oly Phys is much much harder and also much more fun...

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha what. Whoever told you that is just talking smack. HSC Physics is a joke in the world of Science. Real Physics like Oly Phys is much much harder and also much more fun...
yeah adding onto this I have seen the Olympiad papers for chemistry and it is much harder than hsc chemistry. I would say a good example of the difficulty it is around 1st year uni chemistry level

TheShy

HSC
yeah adding onto this I have seen the Olympiad papers for chemistry and it is much harder than hsc chemistry. I would say a good example of the difficulty it is around 1st year uni chemistry level
Mmmm, what about the RACI chem quiz? I wanted to do one of the olympiads but after looking at the past papers, especially chemistry since I mainly just know balancing and the types of reactions and a some organic, but none of the calculations part of it, seems that I would barely know the answer to one question (Looked at the 2017 paper and I could only answer the first question). But thnx for the instant replies!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Mmmm, what about the RACI chem quiz? I wanted to do one of the olympiads but after looking at the past papers, especially chemistry since I mainly just know balancing and the types of reactions and a some organic, but none of the calculations part of it, seems that I would barely know the answer to one question (Looked at the 2017 paper and I could only answer the first question). But thnx for the instant replies!
Ah not sure never looked at RACI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)