chem prac exams (1 Viewer)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Hey just wanted to know what anyone here has had for their chem prac exams, i.e. for the production of materials and the acidic environment one.
i got my prac test tommorow (each module part worth 10%) each!

juggernaut

HSC
go through all ur pracs uve done (and in syllabus)
dont know if there are any prac exams lying round on the net??

korry

HSC
N/A
i've got mine tmr too! can anyone describe what they have been given for the acidic environment topic?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
When preparing for a prac exam, always consider how much time you will have - if the prac took you a double period in class, and it's a 40 min exam, then that can't be the prac. Equally, the exam must cover an experiment where your results can be assessed (like a titration, where there is a 'right' answer) and where the school has all the necessary equipment to do the experiment individaully (so, for example, esterification / reflux is very unlikely).

Most obvious experiments in Production of Materials - identidying organic unknowns (bromine water test, solubility, etc.), simple redox, and (maybe) heat of combustion of an alcohol. Acidic Environment - indicators / equilibrium, pH of salts, titration.

Sorry to all that I didn't post this last night, but I wasn't online.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
thanks, it ok im in sdd now so i got my test next, we gotta go do it at half way through lunc (1:30) and it finishes at 3:05, yeah im presuming the production of materials module is just gal cells, bromine water or molar heat of combustion, and the acid module is definately titration because i saw the stuff ready in the lab ^_^

yeh !

theone123

blue essence
HSC
to tell u the truth, chem pracs are easy just take ur time and relax you will be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)